free website stats program gummy belt | Harley Davidson Forums

gummy belt

lisadj

HI all hope all good wiv your s/o? atm i can start my baby sit on her and nothing else much, im lisa from essex uk, 53yrs very young, i live very close to lakeside shopping centre and harley main dealer, had her mot, new rear tyre, front/rear bearings, 10k service barely 4 weeks ago, anyone else had this problem?? i was led to believe belts last a lot longer than 3yrs, btw i only go a bit loopy on a full moon, not ragging her, no wheelies! well not intentional:rolleyes:, seriously though, this seems very suspect, i noticed they had aligned the rear wheel, the belt was rubbing on exhaust!! never did before harley got their mitts her, adam at hd basically agreed this seems strange, watch rthis space i want a new belt and an apology:mad::eek:

2015 883r 1200 screamin eagle, belt u/s 12k miles, 10k serviced by lakeside harley, not happy neither is my baby, she outside feeling lost, atm tights wud give more traction, wonder bike got me home in 2nd/3rd ffs lol.

Welcome Lisa, sorry to hear your dilemma on the belt rubbing the exhaust?
There may be a possibility of the bearings in the rear hub not being pressed in the proper depth.
I was helping a friend a few weeks back that took his rear wheel off at my shop so he could have a new tire installed. We found the wheel bearing was also bad and while they replaced the tire he had new bearings installed.
When he got it back together and returned from a test ride he said something was dragging.
We found the rotor was rubbing the caliper bracket.
I didn't look to see if it put the belt close to the exhaust. But being you had the bearings replaced, they are one thing that can cause the wheel off set that may contribute to your situation.

Welcome to the forum from Scotland
Final drive belt can last a long time my 94 dyna has 70k and on origional belt
Correct wheel alignment and belt tension are fairly important for a long life
I prefer the belt to have less tension than the factory tools guide you to
I hope you get it sorted before the weather takes a bad turn

Brian

Back