free website stats program Gremlin bells/coins | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gremlin bells/coins

I don't buy the gremlin thing, or any kind of protective amulet. But, having a bell hanging below does indicate that we have a good friend that cares about us, since the tradition is that it be a gift from a friend.

Enjoy,
Rich P

The gremlin bell that I was given by my best friend when I purchased my bike in 2001 has lost its "clacker". Must be all those hard turns LOL. Anyway, what is the proper tradition in dealing with this situation. Do I just leave it in its silent state, buy another myself, or drop a hint to my friend?

Tried to post this as a separate thread, but the rules of this board don't allow it. Maybe they shouldn't accept your financial support until you become considered worthy of posting! Of all the boards I have participated in over the years, this one takes the cake on being over the top with rules and regulations!

I'm not an over zealous poster who has an opinion on everything and as such I may be in my grave before I become eligible to post!!:bigsmiley28:

The gremlin bell on my scooter was on it when I stole it, works pretty good too. Coins I pick up off the bar, lots of people forget their change, so I just pick it up and buy beer with it...
:57:

Supposed to be a gift from a good friend or loved one. And the lore says to hang it from low down on the bike so that it is the lowest point above the road. That way it scares the gremlins away!!

You might just be able to make it out on my Avatar or at least the pix on my profile. I have it hanging from the bottom of the crashbar on the left side.

TQ

When I first got my bike, she had a bell from the previous owner. After stopping by a friend's Indy shop, a motorcycle mechanic in training (MMI student), dropped my bike - breaking the bell :newsmile055: (Thank goodness it was only the bell!!!!!!). Haven't gotten another since - maybe that's not a good sign, huh? :dknow

CatWoman :rider

No Gremlin bell on my scoot yet....waiting for the "gift" bell. The protective "power" of the bell is suposed to double if you receive it as a gift.

I always have my 8th ID and AVMC challenge coins on me....Too expensive to get caught without them !!!! lol

I got a bell for christmas and got it mounted this morning, it's just under the headlight, if I scrape that off I got bigger probloms than gremlins:D

My wife got me a Bell yesterday. Mounted it last night . Hangs off bottom of frame just beside rear brake lever. I won't pick up coins cause last time I did, my Semi blew a Turbo 2 hrs later. It spent 3 days in the shop getting fixed.

I wont pick a penny up if it lands tails up, every wreck estimate I've done the bike has had a bell on it, so I figured I'm safer without one, NOT. Bikes break down and if you ride, it's not if you go down, it's when, but they do have some really cool bells out now.

Back