free website stats program Greetings from Western NY! | Harley Davidson Forums

Greetings from Western NY!

CaptainKirk

Greetings! Kirk here. I live in Victor, NY outside of Rochester. I’ve been riding Yamahas for about 30 years up until June of this year. A flustered woman pulled out in front of me and my 2005 black and white Road Star was totaled. 5 broken ribs and a smashed up shin so I was VERY fortunate. That was June 3rd.

Wasn’t sure I would ride again even though the injuries were relatively minor.
By July 19th, I’d found a 2005 Heritage Softail Classic at an incredible price and was back on wheels. MANY eye rolls by my wife and daughters because they knew I would ride again. I was able to ride almost 3000 miles thanks to a great summer and fall here in Western NY.

Last Thursday, I settled with the other insurance company and will be taking delivery of a 2014 Street Glide Special in Mysterious Red Sunglo courtesy of Geico, my ribs and shin….. It should be in about November 14th. I can’t believe how stoked I am. If the road salting has started, they will deliver it my garage for a few months but I’m hoping for a REALLY late start to the winter here…….
Glad to see a forum for just Street Glides and I hope it thrives.

And no, I don’t ever see myself going back to Metric bikes but I hold no ill will to anyone who rides them. I loved my Road Star and put 28,000 miles on it in 6 years of riding it. That’s a lot for this area of the country but I plan to blow that number out of the water on my new Street Glide!

Welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Not sure about your comment saying this is a forum just for Street Glides, though! :s

Be sure to take a few minutes to review the forum rules in the link below and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

Harley Davidson Forums

Welcome to the forum from the southwest desert and not to worry. Lots of us travelled through the metrics on the way here! XS650 Custom, Ventures, and Virgos were on my Yamaha trail.

Back