free website stats program Grandpa's Old Bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Grandpa's Old Bike

matt24fc

I am looking to buy my first motorcycle in the next few months. The reason I have found my way to these forums, is because of an old photograph of my Grandfather sitting on his bike. He's been gone for over a decade, and nobody in the family knows much a bout this time in his life, nor do they know what kind of bike he was riding. I am very green when it comes to motorcycles. I just want to see what kind of response I can get from you guys before I take this photo to a dealer and ask him what he thinks. Any thoughts on what make, model, possibly year this bike is? So curious, however I really don't know if those questions can be answered simply by looking at this one and only photo. But here it is.. any input is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Grandpa Joe.JPG
    Grandpa Joe.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 122
I'm honestly not quite sure. I just know that my grandpa died in his 80s, close to 15 years ago. I am asking around in the family and i'll let fill in details as the come in. Thank you by the way, this is one of my favorite pics of all time.

Nice pic for sure, looks to me that Gramp's is touring on about a 1940 Harley Knucklehead.
Sooo Cool !

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

It's a Knucklehead with the optional handlebar mounted Palm tree. :D
Knuckleheads were made from 1936 - 1947. First years were 61 cu. in., later models were 61 or 74 cu. in.

Back