free website stats program Grade Of Fuel Poll | Page 25 | Harley Davidson Forums

Grade Of Fuel Poll

Grade Of Fuel Used

• Hi Test Only (93)

Votes: 863 73.3%
  • Mid Grade Only (91)

Votes: 241 20.5%
  • Lower Grade Only (89)

Votes: 34 2.9%
  • Low Grade Only (87)

Votes: 28 2.4%
  • Doesn't Matter To Me

Votes: 11 0.9%

• Total voters
I was using race fuel 116 oct in my 119" but it started getting expensive... Had to go back to using 93 oct and retarting my timing.

When I first got my Heritage, I was using 91 because, in my ignorance, I thought it was good enough since it was labeled premium. Bike started having problems, so after searching around I found a mom and pop gas station that has 93. Filled up and added a splash of octane boost, now the bike runs like a scalded dog. I only add a splash of octane boost once every 3rd or 4th fillup, but I use 93 octane and nothing less now.
I found a gas station near my home that refuses to buy etahnol. He stays pretty busy selling to mc..boaters..rv's etc., that's all I buy now. Sometimes use Startron in the gas though

On my recent trip I had little choice in fuels at times, I did run some ethanol free 89 and my bike ran like a scalded dog, a buddy of mine with a new bagger wanted to race on I 90 he was no match for my Bob:p

We don't have ethanol free in my liberal state, I put a splash of klotz octane boost every fill up and works well...

Back