free website stats program GPS for my Harley | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

GPS for my Harley

Four Dogs,
I just bought my husband a quest2 for the bike and then ordered the mouting bracket from harley, however it is a hot shoe and needs the cradle to plug into the hot shoe (mounting) that harley sold me. Can you tell me how you have yours mounted and what parts I need.
thanks

I use a Garmin Quest 2. Its waterproof and has a 10 hr battery life. I like it and it's never let me down. I bought a Ram mount also.

Four Dogs,
I just bought my husband a quest2 for the bike and then ordered the mouting bracket from harley, however it is a hot shoe and needs the cradle to plug into the hot shoe (mounting) that harley sold me. Can you tell me how you have yours mounted and what parts I need.
thanks

Also using Harley Mounting bracket..Which one did you get...you will need either a fairing mounted cradle..or cruiser mount..i have a Roadking...I used part number 91667-06..and 92300-06... hope this helps. Sorry it took me so long to respond.

I was in Radio Shack the other day and I saw a most compact well-designed GPS. Magellan RoadMate 1200 North America GPS.

Things I liked about it.

1. Very Compact
2. Simple Controls
3. Even though it is made for in-car use I can invision a simple plastic bag would protect this in the rain if mounted on handlebars.
4. Cost. $229.95 at Radio Shack.
5. Rated Ok on ConsumerReports.org
I am thinking of getting one for my bike this year.

Back