free website stats program GPS - Can anyone help? | Harley Davidson Forums

GPS - Can anyone help?

wingman05

I have a Garmin Zumo 450. I want to hard wire it to the motorcycle. How can I install this system on my 2008 Ultra Classic so that I can still listen to the radio/CD and when the GPS gives instructions, the radio/CD will mute until the GPS instructions are finished, and then resume the radio audio? Is it possible to hear the GPS instructions thru the external radio speakers, or just thru the headset? I have not found a dealership who can give me an answer on this.
Thanks
Steve

Unless you have the ZUMO audio output going in the AUX radio input, with the radio on AUX, you can't hear the ZUMO audio, period. If you are playing MP3's through the ZUMO, when the ZUMO speaks, the music pauses while the ZUMO is directing.

The ZUMO does not have any effect on the radio or CD.

You could run an ear bud off the GPS audio out, then you could do both.
:USA

I use a device from Kennedy Technologies that interfaces my zumo 550 through the intercom system. allows normal use of rest of the funtion and is not through the aux port. Cyclegadgets.com carries the parts and is great for helping you get whats right for what you have. cycleset.com is the site for kennedy technologies

Back