free website stats program Got to test ride a 2010 ulta classic, my reviews | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Got to test ride a 2010 ulta classic, my reviews

I have a 09 ultra fully stock, yes 6th gear does feel like I`m lugging engine when 2 up touring unless I`m over 2600 rpm, that said I bought the bike for comfort and the long haul not racing , that said I have also hit the rev limiter many times in the lower gears & I do drive it hard when the wife is not with me . bike just seems to run better if it`s opened up from time to time.

I'm with you Glider, those bikes come outta the showroom with all the EPA stuff intact. HD expects you to change stuff out and will sell it to ya and put it on too for a nominal fee.
As for performance Ron, It looks like YOUR bike ain't stock. The 96 has some problems but it has a ton of potential. There just isn't anything that can replace cubic inches. Ya gotta remember what torque is and where it comes from. The next time you put a 96 up against an 88, make it a fair fight and try this:
Get the bikes going about 55-65, side by side on the freeway. Both bikes in 4th (cuz the gear ratio's about the same), at the count of 3 snap the throttles to lock. All your gonna see of the 96 is tail lights if everything else is equal, rider weight, pipes, free flow air, stuff like that.
I have a 110ci, I have a friend with a 05 TC88 SG. he has a BB 95 kit, SE heads that have been reworked, High Compression pistons, Exhaust, Free Flow Air, a Power Commander and a set of Andrews 36G Gear Drive cams. At a stop light he'll smoke me, but using the test above, if he had doors.......I'd own em.
Sorry man.......Ya might wanna try it again. I wouldn't trade the new frame, Brembo breaks, new stereo, tires or the 6 spd for my ol 02 RG if it they hot dip't it in solid gold.

Harleys are ridden within the TQ band and very rarely hot rodded (specially over here) you guys are a bit different your culture has the motor builder and the AHDRA. If you out and about most of the bikes will be Stg1, unless of course you are very unlucky and come across one hot rodded, then you usually find they are built properly, dont shout about it, and then just obliterate you in any gear, and it will sporty/EVO/Twinkie it dont matter, but remember the rider is running a motor that in most cases will need more care to keep it running - been there :D
live what you love and enjoy it while you got it.
Hobbit, you've got the CVO 110, have ya done any roll-ons with any of the 88's?? If ya haven't, it's fun. The get all white faced at the next stop and make little comments like, "Boy! I thought my bike had more power than that."
Yes guys the 88'll take ya off the line. The motor geometry is different. 88 = Big Bore X Short Stroke.........the 96 = same Bore X Longer Stroke. That means the piston has to move up and down farther to crank a revolution, hence it don't grab R's as fast.
Get a stock 88 on a long hill at freeway speed next to a 96 and see who starts loading the throttle first. That's the test, not burpin thru traffic or down shifting and bumpin the rev limiter, if ya wanna do that get yourself one of them "Wheelie Machines" .
Anyway....have ya done anything to that CVO yet Hobbit? I know there ain't much ta do cept ride and enjoy............

Back