free website stats program Good Read | Harley Davidson Forums

Good Read

IMO HD is suffering the from the cycle of older riders not buying because they are happy with what they have or the bikes they bought a few years back are still new enough and the newer wannabe's don't have enough $ to afford a bike. I have read that the sales of mcs' are down overall through the industry and it's just a cycle that will self correct in a few more years. The auto industry saw this in the late 2000's thru 2013 when things started turning around.

Can't argue with that, makes perfect sense.
I think after a new line is introduced like the water cooled or the M8 a potential buyer waits for all the bugs to be worked out before they buy as well.

One could also argue that they are hanging on to there older bikes because they are a better built product. Of course, this doesn't apply to the first time buyer unless a LOT of homework was done.

One could also argue that they are hanging on to there older bikes because they are a better built product. Of course, this doesn't apply to the first time buyer unless a LOT of homework was done.
I agree this could also be a major contributor.

Back