free website stats program Good news for MoCo | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Good news for MoCo

I agree and I only want to see the best happen to the Moco because I do love their products. Always have & always will. But even if BY CHOICE, they were to close their doors tomorrow, we all would be riding HD's for the next 25 years because there are just so many HD's out there. And since there are so many on the streets and in bone yards, outside vendors will continue to make parts galore just like they do for the 1964 Mustang. Our generation has little to worry about and I am glad for that.:)

Thanks Goodness for that!

.. ... ... ... ...Moco because I do love their products. Always have & always will. ... ... ....

Yea I wished I had saved a Pic I saw on the net the other day. Had a Honda VTX and a Harley Fat Bob sitting side by side with similar amenities. While the Honda looked good, it lacked in overall complete style that the Harley had. The Honda still looked rough around the edges some. I think Honda would do better to just make exact copies of Harley's style instead of trying to be almost the same but still different.

It ain't just the sound that Harley has, it's also the style. And lately the rice burners price has been rising some also.

My thought is most would not purchase a Harley to save gas. There are other more affordable alternatives that offer higher mpg and cost considerable less. Thou this reasoning maybe used trying to convince the Misses...:rofl

My thought is most would not purchase a Harley to save gas. There are other more affordable alternatives that offer higher mpg and cost considerable less. Thou this reasoning maybe used trying to convince the Misses...:rofl

Yes I'll bet a lot of guys add that to their list's of 'Honey this is why we should get a Harley' LOL.

I on the other hand was very lucky there. I originally came to my wife about 2yrs ago and asked her how she felt about me getting a dirt bike to ride in the woods. She said sure, but she wanted to ride with me. So I told her she would not survive the back of a dirt bike and hence now we have a Harley. She loves bikes and loves riding, if it were not for her health problems we would get her a Honda Shadow or a 900cc Sporty, but she doesn't feel she could handle it due to her coordination loss. She loves riding with me though.

Well here is some updated information on this thread. I first heard of this talking with an employee at Ocala Harley a week or so ago. Then my wife and I rode up to Clermont Harley today ( just for the heck of it ) and talking with a guy there also said the same. And then tonight I saw a post on this same topic on another forum so thought I would paste an excerpt of it here. It appears Harley is not riding the Honeymoon ' that was ' but making adjustments to the ' current conditions '. And doing a very good job of it too from what I can see. Here is the excerpt,
-----Begin paste
The resurgence of Harley shares comes largely because of dramatic cost cuts and restructuring. There were rumors in recent years that Harley would leave Wisconsin and close operations in Milwaukee and nearby Tomahawk, taking more than 1,000 manufacturing jobs elsewhere. Harley decided to stick around, but the decision came with concessions from unionized employees and the loss of a few hundred jobs. The surge is proof that the company has right-sized itself for the current climate.
----end paste

Times are rough in a lot of places but it's good to hear there is a way thru it. It's what all companies and governements need to do in order to survive these current times and then we maybe we can get going strong again. If they go down then everybody looses and nobody wins.

Oh and by the way my wife and I enjoyed just browsing the new bikes at Clermont HD. They have some of the most beautiful bikes of all models from Bobs to Ultra's and the current prices are not bad either. My wife and I were drooling all over this one Ultra. But we had to slap ourselves and get back on the Bob and head home.

Well I did remember somewhere they were stopping production of the Rocker C and the Trike, but maybe that was for 2012, can't remember.
I had seen on another forum that the Street-glide trike was being phased out, not the fully loaded Tri-glide.

Same thing with the Goldwing, no 2011's and they made warehouse loads of 2010's, shipped production back to Japan and introduced the 2012.

tn884s3.jpg

tn883s3.jpg

Hope the buyers liked red or yellow, this dealer bought most of them.

Back