free website stats program Going to amsoil | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Going to amsoil

This has come up many many times. I would certainly try Spectro if I could find it. Several stores said they'd get me a case if I ordered it. It would take one heck of a long time to use up a whole case of trans. oil at 1 qt. per oil change. The local HD dealer sells the Amsoil. I was using Redline but it was also not easy to find. I figured I'd try the Amsoil and it works great. In my opinion, a little smoother than the Redline. Also, the Redline has a real strong odor especially when it heats up. I don't sell the stuff (Amsoil) and those pyramid companies turn me off too. If you never tried the oil and just hate the company that's certainly your choice.

just a thought: my dad runs Lucas 85w-140 dino gear oil....and i must say his tranny shifts very smooth neutral very easy 2 find. lucas 85-140 can be found at about any auto parts store.

I'll never switch from Redline products.(.)

Too many years of Great lubrication and Never any Wear Problems along the way.(.)

20/50 or 20/60 Redline for the engine. (blue label or V-twin label)
MTL or labeled Primary for the chaincase/wet clutch.

The tranny get the Best " Redline Shockproof Heavy"...

It weighs in at 75W 250..

Never ever any metal on tranny magnetic plug... Never Ever..

Just MY Way..

signed....BUBBIE

I've hapy with my Mobil 1 V-twin 20/50 motor oil, Sprectro 6 Speed and the standard HD primary oil.

I've been tempted to switch over to what Bubbie runs, but still need to think about it. I can pick RedLine up locally so it's an easy change.

Either way, ride safe and have fun!

BUBBIE do you order your red line 20w-50 or do find it locally?

I do BOTH..
Car Quest in Auburn Wa. has a full line they carry and I like the new one I found that says beats all prices...I talked with this company that sell on line.. Ken the shipper said he would give an EXTRA $$ discount for members of HDTimeline.com IF they would mention it to him...

They have the lowest prices I have found on the net and at 7.99 shipping charges for a full case and 10% off besides the + discount given to HDT member?? (how much??)

seemed to be a good thing... You can call KEN of "Racer Parts Wholesale" and check it out... If he asks say BUBBIE Said,,,,,
My talk with KEN was a while back so He may need to be refreshed...

He will give the extra discount IF you state HDT and ask for the extra discount... Prices were good for internet and you Can't beat their LOW shipping Case price..

If you do buy, Let us know IF you got the Best deal.. Ha ha Almost free...

signed....BUBBIE

I have used Amsoil for 25 years in everything I own. Can't say enough good about it. It does what they say, they can prove it, and nothing ever wears out! I recommend the 75-90 Severe Gear in the tranny. I tried the 20-50 M/C oil in there (made for all 3 holes) and it was fine, but the Severe Gear is actually a little cheaper and I THINK it may shift a little smoother. Don't forget you can be a personal use dealer for $20/yr and buy at dealer cost. Check the website.

As for the company masquerading as a forum user, haven't seen any of that. I would think it more likely to be a dealer doing it. (All dealers are independent businesspeople). The company has in years past spent millions of dollars fighting lawsuits against Amway and Pennsoil (eventually won them both). I wouldn't think they'd be deliberately looking for more trouble! Bill

Back