free website stats program Gloves? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gloves?

I wear Held vented (leather/mesh) in warm weather and Held Ice Breakers (leather and gore-tex) in cold weather. Best gloves i've ever had and they give good protection and do their job well in hot and cold weather.

I agree with Smitty on this one too. The Gerbing G3 gloves beats the heated grips hands down. They heat your hand that is exposed to the oncoming air and not just the palm area that really isn't the coldest area when holding the grip.
I got them last year and wondered how I managed before that.

Just the basic up the sleeve and down to the waist wiring is all it comes with. From there I suggest the temp controller and possibly an extension also depending on where you locate the plug on the bike.

THis might have been asked before, I missed it. What type of gloves are worn in 30 to 50 degree weather. I have bad circulation in my hands and they get cold. I have some nice leather gloves but no lining. Naturally you don't want to take away from your grip. I don't have heated grips. I want to ride during these cold morning but I can't find a pair that do the job. I ride 20 miles one way to work. With what I have now, half way to work and I can't feel the clutch.

I'm from Seattle WA.; my own experience is if you ride in weather below 45 degrees you really would benefit from wearing the Gerbing G3 gloves. I also use their long sleeve liner too. It’s better than climbing into my truck in the morning because there is no real warm up time. Turn it on and in a minute or two you feel the warmth!!!
The truth is it can give you a false sense of security because you are so disconnected from the cold you can find yourself like I did riding in freezing temperatures on black ice. That gets your attention fast!
Best money I’ve ever spent on motorcycle gear or equipment.

you need the control or your fingers and hand will be cooked to well done.
These thing work

Smitty, where do you mount the controller?. I got the one from HD (%25 off) and was thinking about the T.stat kit but wondering where would it be mounted, any pic?.

I gotta have on gloves anytime I ride. And boots above my ankle too.

Obvious in warm weather the thinner leather ones. Then if it cools down some leather ones with a medium liner. (I keep them handy if I get caught out at night).

Then when it gets down into the 40's my HD heavy leather guantlet Gloves.

When it hits the 30's (esp) below 35 I use my HD Leather heated gloves but always with my HD heated Jacket liner. :newsmile093: It only makes since to use both because of plugging the gloves into the cord at the end of the sleeve. Then snake the cord that comes out at the bottom of my jacket liner and plug it into the "outlet" which is under the seat.

Scientfically and biologically it is my understanding that when you get cold mother nature kicks in, then central nervous system dispatches the warm blood supply to the internal vital organs FIRST, Hence thats another reason why your extremities get cold first. By heating my chest area with the heated jacket liner, it keeps that area warm and the central nervous system gives the nod to send the warm blood supply to the other areas of the body such as the fingies...:ap :yes

Now all of the anatomy stuff I got from a guy who rides one of those Ducati "monsters". And Ducati guys know everything. :s

My hands get cold also, I often wear gloves when drinking beer. I had a set of heated grips on our 03 RKC felt good in the palms but top side was cold. put them on in march , used them a few times and than in late fall tried them again and they didn't work, warrantied them into 2'nd set that shorted out in heavy rain storm back in Lead S.D. after that I warrantied them into the heated gloves from H-D, these gloves are the warmest I have ever had evan when not plugged in. Hope:small3d009: this helps

I have Orina Leather/Gore-Tex guantlet gloves for cold morings. When it goes below zero I put some thermal (like the long johns etc) gloves underneath. One day I might soften up and get heated grips :p
Just thinking about it makes me feel cold. Great that it's summer here.

I like Geier gloves unlined deer skin down to about 45 then I switch to a lined pair of deer skin gloves. That usually does the trick down to as cold as I can ride in. The heated stuff from gerbing is quality stuff I just don't need to drop the coin for the heated cloths.

Second that Mattman...I like plain lined deer skin gauntlets (slip over the cuffs of my Hein Gericke heavy leather jacket) for cold and change to unlined deer skin gauntlets if just cool to warm weather requires a change.

Do not grip the handlebars tight when you ride...hook your fingers around 'em, (the inside of your fingers and palms of your hands should never feel colder than the backs, that is my reminder that I may be gripping handgrips to tight).

I also have Belstaff "Racing gauntlet" that is Thinsulate lined with carbon fibre protectors on the finger joints and backs for my more sporting solo rides, that work well cold and warm.

Back