free website stats program Gerbings/Battery Tender | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gerbings/Battery Tender

I also do what Dyna in post #4 does. I use both leads on my Ultra. They both stick out the right side. The tender lead (SAE plug) has a rain cover. The Gerbing co-axial also has a cover for when I'm not using it, but I have those leather bottle holder things on the front of my saddle bag crash bars. They have a nice storage compartment next to the bottle holder that I stuff the Gerbing wire into.
Do you mean that you stick the multi controller in that storage compartment? I have hooked it up just like you and dyna-rider did. He was right. There really isn't any clutter, and having both the battery tender and the Gerbing's harness hooked up to the battery worked out just fine.
I also have the leather bottle holder hooked up to my saddle bag crash bars. I do keep a thermos in it but I never used the little storage compartment. Now you've given me food for thought. Just what Gerbing wire do you stick in there? I mean, I only have the two wires ( battery tender & Gerbings harness) neatly affixed to the crash bar with no excessive wiring protruding so I am trying to picture what wires you stick into the storage compartment. That's why I asked if you perhaps stuck the multi controller in there. I just unplug the jacket from the coaxial and stuff the multi controller in the jacket pocket for now with all the wires attached ntil I can come up with a better system. I guess I just don't want to unplug all of the wires every time I disconnect the jacket from the harness.

My batt tender only sticks out a few inches. My Gerbing batt lead sticks out about a foot. So when I'm not using my heated gear I stick the wire in the leather compartment.

When I am using my heated liner & gloves I clip the dual controller to my right leather jacket pocket. Easy to get to to adjust temps.

My batt tender only sticks out a few inches. My Gerbing batt lead sticks out about a foot. So when I'm not using my heated gear I stick the wire in the leather compartment.

When I am using my heated liner & gloves I clip the dual controller to my right leather jacket pocket. Easy to get to to adjust temps.
Good idea! I clipped mine to my pants belt and it was difficult to get to for adjusting with my jacket overlapping it. I'll have to try your way.

Since the Gerbing wiring is on the left side of the clothing I located my bat. tender wiring to the right close to the shock where nobody can see it behind the saddlebag.I put my passenger gerbing outlet on the left side behind the bag.Mine I ran up to the front left side of the seat horn and when I need it I pull up on the front of the seat slightly to pull the connector out and when I don't need it I shove it back under.Easy access when sitting on the bike and when you are not using it it's hidden.

I use that same set up on my wifes Ultra and my Road king and have been doing it for the last 5 or 6 years, during the winter the bikes are on the tender 24/7 when not riding and have never had any problems. should you want any further protection consider putting a GFI receptacle in where you plug your tender into I don't really think that's a necessity but if it gives you peace of mind it's cheap to do. :guitar

I use that same set up on my wifes Ultra and my Road king and have been doing it for the last 5 or 6 years, during the winter the bikes are on the tender 24/7 when not riding and have never had any problems. should you want any further protection consider putting a GFI receptacle in where you plug your tender into I don't really think that's a necessity but if it gives you peace of mind it's cheap to do. :guitar
Thanks Wayne. That's a good idea using the GFI. And yeah, it would give me peace of mind.

Back