free website stats program Gen3 install issues...help!? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gen3 install issues...help!?

I just filed a bit at a time till it went in to the click. I didn't have to take very much off. I did it off the bike so I had lots of room to work.

The top of the part that slides into the female part . I know it would be a real pain to disconnect it but taking it all the way off would make it a whole lot easier to file down . I kinda whis I'd done that but with a lot of sweat and cus words I did get them filed down . One more point Chris at dobeck told me not to use dielectric grease on the connectors .

awesome, thanks.Actually, once I lift the tank getting in and out now is not so difficult as I hooked and unhooked it so man times now that I have it down to finger memory. will start filing soon. thanks for the help!! Aside from this little hang up, it is definitely one of the best mods out there.

I'm not saying it is wrong only going by what Chris told me , I don't know why it would hurt but after all the trouble I had I didn't want to chance anything so i elected not to use it .

I'm not saying it is wrong only going by what Chris told me , I don't know why it would hurt but after all the trouble I had I didn't want to chance anything so i elected not to use it .

Don't know if it's wrong or not but I'm not going to take it all apart to remove it now. :D

I do want to say one more thing and then I'm done , I had several convesations with Chris before I was all done . I was very happy with the difference the gen3 made . Two weeks after I got mine and installed it they came out with the $50.00 discount so I thought just my luck . Then Bubbie told me to contact them to see what they might do and yes they did credit me the extra $40.00 bucks so hats off to Chris and Dallas at Dobeck Performance they are stand up guys so don't be afraid to call them they will help .

I just filed a bit at a time till it went in to the click. I didn't have to take very much off. I did it off the bike so I had lots of room to work.
found my flat file, and with about 5 minutes of filing on each male plug, seated just perfectly...got the click. Gave each a firm tug and they did not budge...Whew!! work till 4 pm tomorrow and then we are off to Ocean Shores for Sun and Surf motorcycle rally. Hope to see some of you there!!:bigsmiley11:

Makes ya feel better when you hear the click, don't it? Dobecks said a few harnesses got out but they have fixed the problem with their supplier.

Makes ya feel better when you hear the click, don't it? Dobecks said a few harnesses got out but they have fixed the problem with their supplier.

Now that IS a good thing.... Hearing the CLICK....:newsmile036:

I'm Looking Forward to HEARING some of Your reports on How When and The Whys...:s

Plenty of this HDT crowd Waiting to Hear the "RealResults" from the SO Many Happy HDT BIKERS....

You will find No Better Co. then DOBECKS to do business with..

Heck, they even put up with BUBBIE so why Not You????:newsmile011:

signed....BUBBIE

Back