free website stats program Gen 3 settings | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gen 3 settings

Yes. Im trying that now. It will improve a little more. I want to call doebeck and make sure that I'm not harming anything but I don't believe changing .5-1 could do any harm. I just haven't had a chance yet. The thing is, when you get on it alot you still go through the gas. I just put pipes on my bike and I'm back down to 36 mpg. But I'm also riding alot harder. I gotta stay off of the throttle a bit more. Glad you got your mpg's up!
Be safe!

New pipes definitely hit the mpg's, but gotta show them off...right? :s

Just got my GEN3 (upgrading TFI) & can't wait to install. We'll see what I need for stage-1 + pipes...these mentioned settings give good reference point(s). Thks guys!

. . . . . . . . . Now on my beta Gen4, I'm able to lean it out when on the road and have gotten 47+ MPG Choosing when I run it a LITTLE lean.

On the HDT meet n greet run, morning up was cool and 14.2-4 was good setting for the Freeway ride up. It was VERY HOT out later morning, so I kept my AFR at 13.2/4 area and the bike Loved it there.

Normally running at 14.2 on the highway, it's gets the 47mpg but I'm sure it did dropped a little at the 13.2-4 setting.
. . . . . . . . . . .

Bubbie on the GEN 4 the A/F gauge then is not just a gauge for user reading, it actually connects to and gives input back to the TFI box then ? And further it appears from your post that it also is adjustable on the fly, so if you're out on the freeway on a cool day and you want to trim it out to high 14's A/F you can do that ?

. . . . .Just got my GEN3 (upgrading TFI) & can't wait to install. We'll see what I need for stage-1 + pipes...these mentioned settings give good reference point(s). Thks guys!

Great Iceman !

R W B - The Gen 4 is more then just a gauge. It can adjust your fuel just like a TFI or Gen 3. You can adjust it on the fly but as the manufacture i can't suggest to change it as you are driving down the rode due to safety reason....:s

R W B - The Gen 4 is more then just a gauge. It can adjust your fuel just like a TFI or Gen 3. You can adjust it on the fly but as the manufacture i can't suggest to change it as you are driving down the rode due to safety reason....:s

Thanks for the answer Doebeck. Wow that Gen4 is way cool. Do you guys have a downloadable PDF file with more of the details of how to tune with the Gen4 ?

I have the old original Doebeck but someday I might wanna get the Gen4.

Thanks for the answer Doebeck. Wow that Gen4 is way cool. Do you guys have a downloadable PDF file with more of the details of how to tune with the Gen4 ?

I have the old original Doebeck but someday I might wanna get the Gen4.

RWB I have had my Gen4 since last year and other then a couple of small glitches from having one of the first ones out I think it is great.When I was in Florida I showed jack the set up.check out the site it gives you a bit more information on how they work.

GEN 4 - AFR PLUS EFI Controller - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles

RWB I have had my Gen4 since last year and other then a couple of small glitches from having one of the first ones out I think it is great.When I was in Florida I showed jack the set up.check out the site it gives you a bit more information on how they work.

GEN 4 - AFR PLUS EFI Controller - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles

Thanks Steve I will check that out. The Doebeck continues to offer a unique scenario in the tuner market for a competitive price with great Veterans discounts.

Here is a PDF file that will explain a little more. Every bike code could be a little different so the explanation of the modes may change depending on the bike and the code.

Attachments

• GEN4_General.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
Streetglide on your stage 1 is your cats cut out. I have the cats cut out stage 1 and fuel down to 33mpg highway and I am going to try those adjustments, there is also some popping, I did check for air leaks and everything seems to be fine.

I just installed v&h headers and rinehart mufflers. When I had stock exhaust it was completely stock and it popped like crazy. No more popping but I'm pretty sure it was a combo of exhaust leaks and the slip ons that were on the stock headers. I get an occasional pop on the decel but it is maybe once every 100 miles. But I haven't tried to address it yet.

Back