free website stats program GEL or FOAM | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

GEL or FOAM

I have a Saddleman gel seat on my FXR. I made it from CT to OK and back with it. Very comfortable!!!!

Godd Luck!!!

:rider

Thanks for the replies all,because it gets real hot in summer I am going with the foam.

Cheers WAZ..

Because it gets real hot is a good reason to get a sheepskin seat cover. Hopping on the bike when it's been sitting in the sun can make it feel like your burning your backside:bigsmiley19:. The sheepskin helps keep your backside cool in the hot weather and warmer in the cold.

Good point there oldhippie.I did have a sheepskin cover on a sports bike I had many years ago and it was very comfotable.

WAZ..

I do not believe it is a matter of which padding makes a comfortable seat. I believe it is a properly designed seat. If properly designed, you need very little, if any, padding. Please note a saddle used for horses. There is no padding, yet, if you have the right one, you can ride all day. I do not know if they make one for your specific machine, but I have one of these on my RKC, and I can ride all day long. There is only a very thin layer of relatively stiff memory foam.

Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | HD Dyna-Glide | 800-538-7035

Enjoy,
Rich P

I went to my local dealer and ordered a gel pad with some kind of fur on it and it straps to your existing seat. you will have to do some measuring. mine is very comfortable and stays warm. about $180.

Chuck at C&C Seats says to use foam if you only ride one or two hours at time and use use gel if you tend to ride long hours in the saddle.

Back