free website stats program Gave up on SERT | Harley Davidson Forums

Gave up on SERT

Bad Glide

I now have questions concerning the aforementioned SERT. Since it is forever linked to the ECM it was paired to can I sell them as a unit. My 2009 FLTR now doesn't need either. I've jumped ship to wide band sensors. Will the ECM from my bike go into another 2009 touring bike?? That is the question of the day. Thanks in advance for your help. :newsmile07:

Ecm are VIN specific once programed to bike. I am sure the experts will chime in with more info...

Due to the difference in processor speeds etc in the newer ECM's the recipient bike has to be pretty much the same year as your bike for the swap to work.

Due to the difference in processor speeds etc in the newer ECM's the recipient bike has to be pretty much the same year as your bike for the swap to work.

And that would include all the options also???? Abs,cruise, etc.
Is it not programmed that way from factory with all the options??? When you run a VIN search at Harley dealer all the options of bike are shown. That why I thought ECM was VIN specific. I know that a new ECM is blank. Just trying to be correct in my knowledge.........

The ECM will need to be on a 2009 touring motorcycle, but it cares less about what motor is under it. Case in point I pulled the original 96" and dropped in a 110" crate motor complete with it's own crank sensor. Changed the throttle body to the 58MM throttle by wire throttle body. All the ECM wanted was to be flashed with a new map for a 2009 bike and it was happy.

Back