free website stats program gas splash | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

gas splash

I don't have a problem with "splash".....First I point the nozzle down toward the ground to empty any left over gas from the prior user of the hose( don't want drops on my tank). Then I put the nozzle in and gently squeeze the handle to let the gas come in steady , but slowly.I never ,ever open the nozzle all the way. I watch as the gas fills up and slow down the pour as it gets to the top. Works great for me.

Works great for me too. No since in being in a hurry.

JUST ONCE IN A WHILE it probably happened to you too

I"LL notice movement around the pumps that distracts my attention from the ALMOST full tank......Usually of the FEMALE TYPE...... I wander a glimps...... every time........YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT !!!!!!!

signed....BUBBIE

My new ultra has an overflow with a small drain hole, that surrounds the tank opening. Any small amount that does overflow the tank just drains safely under the bike. Apparently the HD engineers understand the importance of keeping your machine clean over being ecologically friendly.:s

I"LL notice movement around the pumps that distracts my attention from the ALMOST full tank......Usually of the FEMALE TYPE...... I wander a glimps...... every time........YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT !!!!!!!

signed....BUBBIE

I have to say,once the nozzle is in the tank , I don't look up till I'm finished......I guess I might be missing some "sights" ,,but it saves me from cussing if I were to "splash" on the tank.

signed....BUBBIE

Been there Done that

Grab a paper towel, hold the nozzle up and cover with the paper tower as you tilt it in the tank. I sink the nozzle and fuel until it clicks off all the while covering the hole with the paper towel. Pull out a bit and slowly fill, still covering the opening with the paper towel. As I pull out the nozzle I cover it with the paper towel as I move it back to the pump. No splashes and no drips. If I do get distracted of encounter a stiff nozzle trigger and splash a bit, I carry a soft cloth.

I use an old rag to prevent drips on the tank, afterwards I tie it to the bars. After a few miles down the road it does'nt smell of gas.

Back