free website stats program Gas Pains | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas Pains

My 06 sportster loosened up now i get about 180k out of a tank.
that is if I'm not push'n, so no worries you'll be fine.
:s

Sharky, Bishop doesn't have a reserve, because his is EFI. plz correct me if i'm wrong bishop.

Doc

I think when Bishop said "you know what the reserve is when the light comes on " he is aware of no reserve feature like carbed bikes have other than the warning light on FI bikes to indicate low fuel.

Last edited:
On average and at sea level a Stock EFI 883 will get "about" 60-65mpg, a 1200 will do "about" 50-55mpg.
A stock EFI TC88 in a FXD or lite FXS will do 45-50mpg, a TC96 will get "about" 40-45mpg.
A stock EFI, FLH or Dresser FXS TC88 45-50mpg, a TC96 35-45mpg.
These are just averages from personal experience from stock bikes in good tune.
Millage has A LOT TO DO WITH THE WAY YOU RIDE and the TUNE of your bike.
I can get 40mpg from my 103 BBB or less then 20mpg if I put the spurs to her, same gas same rider and road.

I've had my Nightster for 8 months now. On freeway rides 150 miles on a tank. To and from work around town 105 miles. I have V&H HS slip-ons, V&H Fuelpak and K&N high flow filter. The mileage actually got better after the mods than she got before. I spend less time in low gears with much more torque. On the highway she barely works hard @ 70 miles per hour and when you twist the throttle...watch the speedo because you get to the end very quickly. On a long ride when the light comes on I can go another 45 miles. Haven't run out of fuel yet. Normally put in 2.5 gallons each fill-up.

I have a 07 xl1200c with 4500 miles on it and depending on how hard i ride I get around 50 mpg. when I first got mine the mpg was quite a bit lower, it should do better when it loosen's up.

Back