free website stats program Gas Mileage | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas Mileage

J

Jack Klarich

First full tank on 17 107 Freewheeler comes in @ 50 MPG, it can only get better as more miles get on
I am putting Bel Ray Gear saver in the transmission today, it is red in color, been around a long time, no one local stocks Red Line products any more, it is 2 days out plus shipping, the Bel Ray is $12.00 per quart and in stock around the corner from my house, my friends in MN ran it in ALL their bikes as recommended by Kokesh, builders of several bikes featured in Easyriders Magazine

Heat is way down thanks to the oil cooled heads and fan behind larger oil cooler, No more clunk in any shifting up or down, the pulling power is amazing, the stock baseline for 107 is 100hp@2,500rpm, drops to75@5,500

Jack thanks for some feedback on the new ride.
Sounds like these changes made on the 17 MY have all been positive.
Fuel mileage sounds great. If I'm lucky I get low 40's.

Jack,
Watch your oil pressure. Seems the most reported issue with the M8 is the new oil pump. HD has replaced several already and have taken the failed pumps back to Milwaukee to find the problem. The failures I have read about occurred early. Symptom is low oil pressure, like less than 10psi at cruise rpms.

Jack,
Watch your oil pressure. Seems the most reported issue with the M8 is the new oil pump. HD has replaced several already and have taken the failed pumps back to Milwaukee to find the problem. The failures I have read about occurred early. Symptom is low oil pressure, like less than 10psi at cruise rpms.
Thanks, I will keep an eye out, I may run my master

Too much crank run out is the culprit again,I wish they would go back to the old crank, but that requires human hands and is not cost effective, this may be isolated, we will see, plus I have warranty til 2023 with 0 co pay so I will get a rental and hotel and wait

Last edited by a moderator:
850 miles on Mine and no oil issues.I have heard that the failures occur in the first 100 miles.I am averaging 41 mpg.Love the performance ,lifting the front tire is easy going into second gear,with a little rear tire chirp.Way quicker than My 103HO with stage 1.

850 miles on Mine and no oil issues.I have heard that the failures occur in the first 100 miles.I am averaging 41 mpg.Love the performance ,lifting the front tire is easy going into second gear,with a little rear tire chirp.Way quicker than My 103HO with stage 1.
Wheelies in 2nd gear? Is this the stock mill?

Back