free website stats program FXSTI Heritage Softail? | Harley Davidson Forums

FXSTI Heritage Softail?

Big Dot

Hey folks, this is my first post and I need some info please. I recently bought a Harley from an individual. I need a windshield, highway bar and some other parts but now I'm not sure what I have. It is supposed to be an 03 Heritage Softail (on front fender and as advertised) but after checking the VIN (1HD1BVB153Y047384) on the internet I found the BV designates it to be a FXSTI (also on title) can this be a Heritage Softail? All information you can give me on this bike would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Big Dot

According to your vin number, this is what It comes back as.

2003 SOFTAIL STANDARD (EFI) - FXSTI
VIN: 1HD1BVB153Y047384

What size front tire do you have on it. Is it a 16" or a 21" The heritage would have the big wheel (16") in this case.

Hey folks, this is my first post and I need some info please. I recently bought a Harley from an individual. I need a windshield, highway bar and some other parts but now I'm not sure what I have. It is supposed to be an 03 Heritage Softail (on front fender and as advertised) but after checking the VIN (1HD1BVB153Y047384) on the internet I found the BV designates it to be a FXSTI (also on title) can this be a Heritage Softail? All information you can give me on this bike would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Big Dot

May I suggest you go to ebay and do a search for a 03 Heritage Softail then do a search for a 03 FXSTI and see which one looks like your bike.

Hey Big dots.... I have a clear full sized windshield from my 04 Heritage that I am willing to sell.... quick release hardware on the windshield ..you need appropriate brackets on front end...I would ship to you....make an offer?

Yeah it all seems to be the Heritage except the vin. Is it possible Harley used the wrong letter in the vin bvb rather than bwb?

I guess anything is possible, it's just not likely.

It's been probably changed by the previous owner to resemble the heritage which really isn't that much work to do.

gota couple ?'s -- are you 2nd,3rd owner, is there anything "down the line" with the title that it might have been on a "builder's or "salvaged" ?

Back