free website stats program FXSTI front forks height | Harley Davidson Forums

FXSTI front forks height

Tatanka

I have a 2001 Softail standard. Not sure if the front forks have been lowered without disassembly. Can anyone give me a measurment off the ground to a specific point that i can measure.

Measure the fork tube that is showing above the lower leg and below the triple tree and post it here.

just check the book, nothing there. I know that the rear was done with a white bros kit. and it still has the stock kick stand. the wife would like it a little lower, but wanted the harly shop dumped all records before 2006. What make you think its stock, do you have another reference that shows the heights?

No reference, just a keen eye. Usually when they are lowered the measurements are around 4-5 inches where you measured.

wow, that much difference, wonder if that explains the belt whin noise, its adjusted to spec, but whin's at low speeds

If you are referring to the rear belt noise, check the tension on the belt and be sure it's not rubbing on the belt guard or that the tire isn't rubbing on the wiring harness under the fender.

Back