free website stats program FW1 Cleaner | Harley Davidson Forums

FW1 Cleaner

danthern

Has anyone tried the FW1 products? I've been a Pledge devotee but this stuff cleans great and may shine better than Pledge. They make several products but it's the waterless wash stuff that I'm referring to. Has Carnuba wax in it so you get a nice deep shine on vivid black. Works on paint, chrome, glass, you name it! Some guys were selling it at a gas station. Works great!

JMO but a waterless wash isn't the way to go. You are basically grinding the dirt into the paint and the abrasiveness will damage the paint eventually.

The good old water method is the best way.

Glider of course you're right. The word "waterless" is misleading. That's what they call it. I use it as a polish after a wash, just like you would use pledge. No way would I rub dirt into the finish. Thanks for pointing that out.

Why is the format of this post different? It looks more like a "self help" tip? And Avitar is in lower right?
Don't mean to hijack, just curious?

Why is the format of this post different? It looks more like a "self help" tip? And Avitar is in lower right?
Don't mean to hijack, just curious?

It's different because of the area it's posted in...

Members Tips For Easy Maintenance

Which is at the bottom of the self help area.:D

Glider of course you're right. The word "waterless" is misleading. That's what they call it. I use it as a polish after a wash, just like you would use pledge. No way would I rub dirt into the finish. Thanks for pointing that out.

Funny part is I was given a test bottle of this "waterless cleaner" to try out by a friend that was interested in distributing it and asked to try it.
When he explained how to use it and the reason for the "waterless" aspect, I gave it back to him and explained why I wouldn't use it on my vehicles. He declined getting involved with the product after that.

JMHO

I have been wodering what to use on my black powdercoat on the motor. Soap and water leaves it looking dull and stained, and I am real hesitant to start experimenting as to not damage the finish. Some motors look so nice and, well, black. How do you guys get them to look like this? What do you use?

IMHO, waterless cleaners are fine for inbetween washings... in fact, I use one after every ride... only takes a couple of minutes and the bike stays nice for a LONG time. Of course, YMMV.

I have been wodering what to use on my black powdercoat on the motor. Soap and water leaves it looking dull and stained, and I am real hesitant to start experimenting as to not damage the finish. Some motors look so nice and, well, black. How do you guys get them to look like this? What do you use?

I use S100 engine brightener or Pig Spit both work nicely.

Bodeen

Back