free website stats program Fuel Pump Issues Related to Build Date? | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Pump Issues Related to Build Date?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Found an interesting rumor that the fuel pump issues in 2008 touring models is limited to bikes built in 2007 because the MOCO switched to a different part beginning in January of 2008. Wonder if we can confirm that by having folks on this forum who have experienced this problem post their build date. It's on the upper fork/frame area on the left side, usually hiding behind a wire harness.

My bike was built in December of 2007 but at 2500 miles, I still have not run into this problem and everything sounds fine when I power everything up and listen with the fuel cap off.

I guess you're talking about this:

08 Bike Fuel Problems [Archive] - Harley Davidson Community

I'd still like to get some input on build dates from the folks having the problem and confirm if the rumor is true. Also have heard that since there is no official recall, you can replace the part on your own for over $200 or wait until it fails and it'll be covered under warranty. Oh well, my fingers remain crossed!

They're not all going to break.I believe it was an assembly issue with the original pump.Just my opinion after seeing a few issues.Just ride it like it's stolen and see what happens.

They're not all going to break.I believe it was an assembly issue with the original pump.Just my opinion after seeing a few issues.Just ride it like it's stolen and see what happens.

That's what I've been doing so far. No sense limiting my rides to 5 miles from home just in case this thing decides to go kaput. That's what insurance and tow coverage are for, right?

Im almost at 1k miles and had a few hot refuels where other have said they had problems so far all is good im riding it like i stole it ..lol

Back