free website stats program Fuel Prices | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Prices

I fuelled up my Ute today. First time in months as I hardly drive it anymore.
Petrol was $2.21 per litre! That was 91 octane.
The last time I paid $1.39 for each of those litres.

I was just chatting with a friend of mine early this morning about the cost conversion in Scotland compared to the U.S. My friend in the states had commented that he didn't want to do the math to compare the cost per liter to gallons, so I gave him my quick rough conversion...about $8/gallon that our friends in Scotland were paying. I didn't look up the pound to dollar conversion, but like I explained to him, the way I did it when we were visiting Scotland regularly was roughly 4 liters per gallon. For the currency, we never saw any better than 1.3-1.5 # to $1 US. I would just multiply the liter cost x 4 and then add just over half that. I have said for many years that we in the US were so spoiled in some aspects of life since we have such a large land mass and resources. I am okay with that, but I definitely became aware of how different things in the US were compared to other countries at an early age.

I believe, if I remember correctly, you are Down Under...I haven't had much time near you. Just a beautiful 3 weeks in Fiji nearly 12 years ago, so I'm not so in tune with the currency conversion for you at this time.

But I have had came home to my parents the last two weekends, and I drive a full size SUV, (mega ute to you. ;)) I cost me more to put a half tank of fuel in yesterday than it cost me to fill up 3/4 of a tank when I got the Tahoe just over a year ago. I do have the high output engine that requires premium fuel too, so that doesn't help. (Unless I'm towing the camper or something...:D ) But I am paying @ $4.80 / gallon for 93 octane.

Joy, it’s 4.5 litres to a gallon.
In your money, it’s about $6.90USD. Just call it 7 bucks. That’s for 91 octane.
We go 95 and 98- which cost somewhat more. 98 RON is ordained for 3 of my bikes . At the moment that fuel is $2.45 per litre.-$11.00 AUD a gallon. Or $8.00 USD.
As you can see, we pay quite a bit more for petrol than you.

Glad I don’t own a Mega Ute like you ( love that terminology); however one of my other Harley owning brothers works in the pool business.
He always tows a dual axle trailer full of his gear behind a Ford F-150 that runs a 302 cid V-8. His gas consumption is in single digits - but he gets a tax break on running costs.
As I haven’t put gas in a bike since maybe late November 2020, I think I’m a little way in front.

Joy, it’s 4.5 litres to a gallon.
In your money, it’s about $6.90USD. Just call it 7 bucks. That’s for 91 octane.
We go 95 and 98- which cost somewhat more. 98 RON is ordained for 3 of my bikes . At the moment that fuel is $2.45 per litre.-$11.00 AUD a gallon. Or $8.00 USD.
As you can see, we pay quite a bit more for petrol than you.

Glad I don’t own a Mega Ute like you ( love that terminology); however one of my other Harley owning brothers works in the pool business.
He always tows a dual axle trailer full of his gear behind a Ford F-150 that runs a 302 cid V-8. His gas consumption is in single digits - but he gets a tax break on running costs.
As I haven’t put gas in a bike since maybe late November 2020, I think I’m a little way in front.

:D Thanks for the compliment on my 'terminology'. LOL I have spent some time in a few other countries and never see the full size SUV's over there. Not sure if they would still refer to them as 'Ute's' or not or come up with another term. Feel free to offer 'Mega Ute' if you need it. :D But the Chevy Tahoe is basically an SUV on a full size pick up frame. So, I have interior seating and cargo (which I lay the 3rd row seats down and place my crates in strategic positions for my dog to lay on when he travels. :D When I have a bag, he will literally just lay out on the top of that in comfort & style. :D

Fuel prices here in the Finger Lakes District is, on ave, $4.58 a gallon. Don't feel bad though because back in Oz, it is $2.50 a liter, that's about $11.25 a gallon. We really don't a thing to complain about by comparison :(

Oh and $11.25 (AUD) is about $7.70 (US)

Well, things are a little better around Up State NY - gas is down to $4:09 a gallon, for the moment, that is for regular. Pity I run 93 in my bike, zero turn and car with a 23 gal tank - oh well, personal choice I guess :)

Our tree hugger added a new carbon tax that recently pushed us above Cali as the state with the highest prices on gas.
The next article talked about the high rate of manufacturing companies leaving the state.

Back