free website stats program Fuel packs | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel packs

Jeno'

Okay so I have a 2004 Harley-Davidson Fatboy with a 1450 what I'd like to know I'm looking around and can't find really any information about these fuel packs what do you do I see them run from like $200 all the way up to over $1000 . What is the difference from the cheaper one and the more expensive one? What one would be good for my bike? Really any information you guys can give me out there would be greatly appreciated as I have no clue about this.

It all depends on what modifications have been done to your scoot and what if any issues your having.
A little more info would be helpful.

The cheaper ones just trick your ECM into allowing the injectors to stay open longer, giving more fuel. The top of the line ones allow all of the settings to be changed for optimal performance. Just adding more fuel at a certain rpm requires the timing to be slightly adjusted as well. The best ones "learn" and apply as they learn. Of course, YOU have to learn too. In my opinion, stay away from HD dealership downloads unless you have done considerable modifications.. They do next to nothing but lighten your wallet.

I just bought the bike the end of last year I don't think there's any modifications but he said the engine was rebuilt 30,000's over . The only issue I am having is what seems I hear from everybody else is the popping sound when you let off the fuel. I was looking at this dino jet power vision tuners I don't know if this is something that's the same as what I'm asking ?

If it's basically stock you'll do fine with something like a Dobeck fuel management system plus your engine will run a little cooler due to adding more fuel.

www.Dobeckperformance.com 877-764-3337 or 406-388-2377, they also offer a discount to members here on the forum.

Dyno Jet makes several different products to suit many needs and pockets. The Power Vision V is becoming one of the most popular, due to it's ability to be finely tuned. It's on the expensive end. I have no hands on or friends experience with Dyno Jet, just that they are popular. Do a lot of reading before you buy. If you are not a "hands on" type, ask the favorite local INDEPENDENT shop that specializes in Harleys what they like. A mechanic does his best work, when he is working on something he likes and understands. Like Jeff mentioned if it is basically stock, you won't realize a big difference.

On my 08 softail I'm using the Vance and Hines Feulpak. It plugs into the ECM and is tunable, i.e., there are ~ 30 settings for your particular bike. Installation was easy and tuning was as well. The maps are on the V&H site.
What I noticed after installation. The low RPM response was much better than stock, the bike runs cooler than before, the oil tank used to get hot enough to be uncomfortable, the fried thighs syndrome, now it's cooler I would estimate 20-25 degrees. I was able to get rid of all decal popping. Cost $299, I am pleased with the performance. My 2 cents worth.

So,if you don't have the right phone,you can't set it? I was looking at V&H all good marks,says plug and play,but then other comments said you needed a fancy phone and an app to set it up.Which I don't have,and don't want.

So,if you don't have the right phone,you can't set it? ...I don't have,and don't want.

An android smart phone (maybe an iphone will work too, not sure) is required use a V&H FP3. The software is not tied to your FuelPack3, but the FP3 is tied to your bike (as in it cannot be put onto another after it associated with yours.) I saw benefits like Gator mentioned above, plus you can auto-tune, download maps or manually tune your bike. I think that this was one of the best $300 I have spent on the bike.

In any case, if you don't have a smart phone you can always have a buddy come over for a few minutes and you can make any changes you like while he is there.

One word of warning with the FP3, as much as I LOVE it, I would have appreciated it if they would have written down that while you are in auto-tune mode, cold start management is disabled. You will need to let the bike warm up to operating temps before pulling out of your driveway,.

Back