free website stats program Fuel Over Flowing The Carb | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Over Flowing The Carb

I have the same problem on my 2005 883 Sporty.
I have replaced the fuel valve, needle and seat and the jet in the carburator, but it is still leaking fuel through the air cleaner. Any suggestions?

Maybe Saturated float if block type or hole if can type? Check buoyancy of float.

Just a thought there should be an overflow built in to the float bowl with a small diameter rubber hose directing extra fuel under the bike so if there is too much fuel in the float bowl then it usually collects in a pool under the bike
However it is not unusual for oil to drip out of the air cleaner due to the oil mist from the engine breathers being directed into the air intake to be burnt during combustion

Brian

I too have the same issue however not ever doing something like this I could use some help with it. Any suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated.

I too have the same issue however not ever doing something like this I could use some help with it. Any suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the board Otter. Lots of help here. We need to know the year and model of your bike? Having said that, do nyou have service manual for your bike? If not purchase one from HD, money well spent down the road. The easiest thing to do is pull the carb off and take to the bench. Pull the four bowl screws out, remove bowl and do some careful inspection and disassembly.

Let us know,

Bodeen

Back