free website stats program Fuel Moto's Power Commander V | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Moto's Power Commander V

Educate me,
Is the PCV the version they were forced to release by the law suit in CA.
The state od CA took them to court and won part of the deal was they had to make it CA approved. We all know whatthat means?
Or did the make one just for sale in CA?

I think that might have been the PowerCommander III EX. It locks out the bottom portion of the fuel map.

My guess is that Dyno Jet still has many of the IIIs in stock and they are trying to sell them first. Once they are gone I am sure Dynojet will create maps for pre '09 bikes. They just haven't made any maps and thus haven't tested it on the bikes.

I have spoken with a few people who have PCVs on pre 09 bikes and they are happy.

Mine arrived today...I will be putting it on tonight (I have an 08) and will post as to how it works out.

Yes there is a risk in that DynoJet will not support it. But I got the V because
a) it was much smaller and has more functionality
b) I tend to go with new technology and didn't want to buy old
c) I trust FuelMoto will be better at supporting the PCV than PowerCommander
d) I am pretty sure that within a year PowerCommander will announce the PCV will be supported for some older bikes.

My buddy has a PCV on his 08 RK and he's very happy with it. I have one w/ autotune on my 09 and it is awesome. Couldn't be happier.

Jamie, from FuelMoto, is extremely knowledgeable and great to deal with. They are working hand in hand with Bob Wood and have maps that are near perfection (no need for autotuner).

If you have any questions, call FuelMoto and ask for Jamie.

B1-B is right, Jamie at FUEL MOTO is awesome to deal with. I got the PC-V for my '08 from them and it is set up perfect with my pipes/air cleaner.

As far as the warranty goes, FUEL MOTO gives you two years instead of the one year from the manufacturer.

Nails,

Good point, I forgot to mention the 2 year warrant. I wish I'd heard of FuelMoto before I bought my PCV. My buddy just ordered some TW6-6 cams and Jamie emailed him a custom map specifically for his set-up. That's good customer service!

Back