free website stats program Fuel Mileage...... | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Mileage......

DYNAGUY

How and where does Harley get these fuel mileage numbers? They say about 50 mpg. Does anyone get that good of mileage? My WG dont get that .If i start pushing it hard you can almost watch the fuel gauge drop.Just wondering how Harley comes up with their numbers. Maybe rolling down hill.:shock

Hey Dynaguy - On my 07 Heritage I had V&H Bigshot Longs, SE racing tuner and air box installed and I have a mpg high of 43 and a low of 41. I was told some mpg would be sacrificed with these add-ons but I am satisfied with the results.

'07 flhtci w/SE slip-ons K&N filter,Harley Stage 1 map, I am getting about 44+ mpg; really good cause gas just went up to $3.00 /gal.

My 07 RKC usually gets mid to upper 30's but on the highway in 6 th, it will get a bit over 40 with a good tail wind.

I have an 06 Fatboy and useully I get between 43 & 47 mpg.
Just remember that mpg's on bike as with cars are affected
by speed. I did a pretty long ride ride last spring on a very nice
day and didn't have anyreason to rush so I kept it between 50 & 6o mph and when I filled up and checked milage I got 51 mpg.

MPG also depends on the engine/year too. The 07/08 bikes with the 96 aren't too good on gas whereas the earlier years get better MPG. Add a tuner to the mix and it usually drops a bit.

2008 Ultra Classic. I usually average around 35 mpg around town but I did a test recently and filled up fuel tank and went for a 100 mile highway run and had cruise set at 65 which was posted highway speed (but can get you killed as nobody goes that slow) and I refueled bike (used about 2 gallons) so, I estimate around 50 mpg. Maybe thats how they get that figure but really, WHO drives that way? I guess I have too much time on my hands.
Depressing weather here today with snow on ground. I wanna ride!!!:bigsmiley15:

my 05 RKC got 43-47 MPG :smellall highway 70-80 MPH my 07 RKC gets 35-37 MPG:bigsmiley15: all highway 70-80 MPH i would like to try it at 60-65 MPH but i dont want to get rear ended:no

Back