free website stats program Fuel Mangement | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Mangement

Hey All

After doing much reading i am looking for others opinions on the best Fuel Managment that would fit my needs. I have a 2007 FXSTC, with V&H Big shot staggered and a HD Heavy breather. I probably wont do any other engine mods other than possibly a Cam. I ride fairly aggressive most of the time and Take several trips a year were we avarage 75-80 mph. i have been leaning toward a PCIII, but recently did quite bit of reading on XIED's and recently discoved the Techlusion Fuel Injection Control Module. I am looking for everyones opinion on witch would suit me best. My dealer tech said that the DEaler stage 1 download was a waste of money. So i am open to suggestions.

Thanks

Brent

If you have not seen it yet, check this out:

What TUNER have you used? - Harley Davidson Community

Then go to the self-help section and see all the stuff Glider has there.

TQ

I have an 07 FXSTC with the PCIII installed. I did the installation myself and have one word of caution. May sure you have a laptop connected to the bike after you fired it up for the first time with the PCIII installed. It's very possible that you will have to adjust the throttle position with the installation software. Not a big deal, takes about 5 seconds to adjust but has a big impact on your bikes performance. I had just installed a new set of Bub 2 into 2 pipes, which I love, and smoked both header pipes because of the incorrect throttle position setting. Power Commander mentions the throttle position in their instructions but did not emphazie this setting. The hardest part of the installation was getting everything squeezed in under the seat. I'm sure you will have the same issue with whatever system you go with.

The good news to all of this is that the bike flat runs!

As an added note, I also had the bike dyno tuned after the installation to make sure all the PCIII was at the optimum settings.

I appreciate everyones response, I have read what glider put in the self help which is nice, but i wanted to here personal experiences like pocket rocket posted, becuase i will be doing the install my self, so things l;ike that are great to know.
I am leaning towards the PCIII at this time, i am not a vetran so the price difference between it and the TFI are not that great.

THanks

Brent

Installed V&H Bigshots long. I went with the V&H FuelPak for fuel management. Easy set up. 5 minutes. I figured on a plug and play unit, V&H oughta get the numbers right on their own pipes. They also included a deeper box for the stock ECU and fuelpak mounts atop it. Plenty of room. Under $220 from a Harley dealer on eBay. No Dyno required. 6000 miles since I installed and I am still very satisfied with my choice. Not sayin' it's the best out there, just know it was good for me.
Good Luck,:)
Ride Safe

Back