free website stats program Fuel guage has ceased to work | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel guage has ceased to work

karthy

hi,

It is a Heritage Softail Classic with 1600 miles on it and the fuel guage has ceased to work. Sometimes, if I hammer on it it will start to work, but stops every time I fill up the tank. Since it is 60+ miles to the nearest Harley dealer does anyone have any suggestions for how I might fix it. Like how do you get the guage off since it says "Do Not Unscrew". Seems like a loose connection that might be easily fixed.

Karthy

Just twist it off - it will come off. You are right that it is a loose connection. Fixing it is easy, specially that it is a new bike. Good luck

Nesta

Just twist it off - it will come off. You are right that it is a loose connection. Fixing it is easy, specially that it is a new bike. Good luck

Nesta
1600 miles? Take advantage of your warranty and ride the 60 miles to the nearest dealership. Who cares what it is, you're under warranty. Unless of course your bike is more than three years old, in which case you deserve to be drug out into the street and shot for averaging barely over 500 miles per year :(

I would go to the dealership and have it fixed if it is still under warranty. What I great excuse for a ride. Otherwise it will twist off and it sounds like a loose connection to me also like the other person said. I had that same thing happen on my old bike. I watched my boyfriend do it, very quick and easy.

Back