free website stats program Fuel consumption | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel consumption

I would think that perhaps the mechanic that did the bike did it right as 50 mpg is what i would expect from any of my bikes unless i was really pushing it on the sportster then i might drop to 45 mpg

Brian

I thought it was quite poor (only 38mpg) too, but just thought that was the nature of that machine. Just glad it does more now though.

Jack, I will check that too. The bike is very responsive and runs smooth, more so than before a car hit it. I was thinking that the pipes may have improved it:D

We still measure distance in miles however everything else uses metric measurements so cant buy a gallon of petrol but you can buy 4.5 litres being part of the European union we have to conform with the rest of the European market we still drive/ride on the correct side of the road

Brian

Just a tad off subject Brian, I believe the area where you live is a great place to see the aurora borealis. I have looked at Banffshire as a holiday destination for that reason - along with the dolphins.

I have a caravan sat at the front of the house if you are looking for a bed
I saw a group of about 20 dolphins from the cliff top a couple of weeks ago when i was out with dog i have in the past see the northern lights but i don't often go out in the dark these days
Some great riding roads around here and you have to go a long way to find a city street

Brian

Thanks for the offer Brian, much appreciated. I might just take you up on that next year. I would rather fly up there than drive. It would take about 8 hours driving or riding, and 9 to 10 hours by train. Where is the nearest airport to your location? And how far is it?

Tom

Nearest airport would be Aberdeen about 55 miles or Inverness about 60 miles although Inverness is just a wee airport
Public transport in the area is fairly poor bus from Aberdeen is 2.5 hours if it is on time and costs £13 one way
We are about 300 miles from the border i always prefer to drive/ride wife and i rode our bikes from Blackpool to home in 1 day 2years ago some of the scenery on the route is worth seeing
I would advise a longer route from the Glasgow area via loch lomond and glencoe to fort william then follow the great glen via loch ness to Inverness and then along the coast glencoe is spectacular

Brian

These Bikes (sportsters) until 07 are ALL carbed.......07 and Newer ALL came FI.

My 06 1200R gets 50 MPG no matter how I ride it. It never runs Lean as I do have it Jetted correctly...

At 4400 feet I do need to have a little leaner Idle/low speed jet by .003 and it seems to do just fine.

I do run Python 3's and a Arlen Ness Big Suck air system.

These bikes like Brian says SHOULD get 45/50 miles per gallon(US Measure)

They ALL do that.:newsmile106:

signed....BUBBIE

What I know about Sportsters I have learned here on the forum and I have found if Bubbie or Brian give you info it will be worthwhile to listen. Brian reading your travel log has almost been like being there. Maybe you and Tom could get together and write a Thread of the places you find interesting. Just a thought, thanks.

What I know about Sportsters I have learned here on the forum and I have found if Bubbie or Brian give you info it will be worthwhile to listen. Brian reading your travel log has almost been like being there. Maybe you and Tom could get together and write a Thread of the places you find interesting. Just a thought, thanks.

I agree Don.

I have always Longed for their neck of the woods but Not the damp or cold.:shock

Brian has certainly put out some good pictures in the past of His close in areas.

I still can see the almost desolate cove close to his living area...
Like I've been there.:D

Beautiful.

Thanks for sharing ""Memories.....:hii

signed....BUBBIE

Back