free website stats program Frustration: From Clean to Cluttered | Harley Davidson Forums

Frustration: From Clean to Cluttered

Sharky1948

My '09 FLHR has come together nicely with chrome controls, braided lines, internally wired bar, Renegade wheels, 103", MoFlo, and Rineharts.

Now I'm faced with needing to put on a GPS and CB, given the amount of touring and ride leading I'm doing.

My frustration is now I will have these big "appendages" on the bars and all the black wiring associated. I've thought about adding connectors so that I can unplug and remove the two units when I'm not using them. But, it's a pain since any decent mounting system will require wrenching to remove the devices. I guess I just need to "get over it". But, I sure would like to maintain the clean lines I've achieved so far.

Am I missing any options? (I don't want to add a removable fairing at this point.)

Thanks!

Check "Ram Mounts" they are available from many vendors and can be removed easily with no tools leaving only a round knob on the bike. Most of parts are black but they make a chrome base for the handlebars. Cycle Gadgets has a good selection of the mounts.

One other thing to consider, many plug in power devices are set up for USB plug-in charger commonly used on modern computers. You may want to set up a USB "power hub" setup for multiple plug and play devices. Just an idea I was bouncing around, when wiring my cigar/accessory plug on my Sporty. Might ask a "guy" at the computer store, as I am sure the automotive crowd has already run into this multi-media device power problem already.:s

Back