free website stats program front end clunk when braking | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

front end clunk when braking

cool thanks for the tip....I'll run it by the dealership.

---------------------------------------------

I jhust went down to the garage and looked it over and there is just the slightest hint of oil on the forks so here is one more question while i go look at my owners manual.....i plan to put about 600 miles on it this weekend but may not be able to get to the service department....is it worth canceling the trip over?

Last edited by a moderator:
I jhust went down to the garage and looked it over and there is just the slightest hint of oil on the forks so here is one more question while i go look at my owners manual.....i plan to put about 600 miles on it this weekend but may not be able to get to the service department....is it worth canceling the trip over?

Just keep an eye on it if it leaks bad it can run down the leg and get on the brakes, Ask me how I know this LOL, you should be OK:s

Ok so here is the deal on my dyna front end....I took it to service department this morning and they said that there can be a slight residue on the upper part of the forks.....as long as it is not wet. Also they test road because I asked about the slight clunk when applying the front break and the tech said that the clunk is just the floating rotor.....he even took the time to show it to me by applying the front break and rocing the front forks up and down and I could see what he was talking about. Glad he took the time to show it to me!

Ok so here is the deal on my dyna front end....I took it to service department this morning and they said that there can be a slight residue on the upper part of the forks.....as long as it is not wet. Also they test road because I asked about the slight clunk when applying the front break and the tech said that the clunk is just the floating rotor.....he even took the time to show it to me by applying the front break and rocing the front forks up and down and I could see what he was talking about. Glad he took the time to show it to me!

Hmmmm, wonder why they dont all do it , my 07 does not clunk and I have no debris or seepage yet:s

Hey jack yours must be broke if it does not clunk as they all do that :p

Brian

Back