free website stats program Fresh oil for the winter | Harley Davidson Forums

Fresh oil for the winter

liquid_wrench

I changed oil in primary,trans and motor...before I covered it up in the garage for the winter. I run redline in the primary and transmission and Bel-Ray semi synthetic 20w50 in the motor.....I also add 8 oz of lucas oil stabilizer in the crank case and about 6 oz of seafoam in the full gas tank. Battery stays on the tender all winter and every time I get home, I plug it back in. My 07 heritage battery lasted over 8 years. Anybody else here use lucas or seafoam and a tender for your battery?

Still have 2k till next fluid changes,always use a tender.As long as the temps above freezing,no salt down,or ice, I'm out and about.I don't think I've ever ridden in Jan. or Feb. I'm near Chicago,it can get pretty nasty in winter.I use sea foam,although most of it's ingredients are already in premium gas.And sometimes stabil.

I also put sea foam in tank, keep battery tender on, and when weather permits I’ll be on 2 wheels.

I use a tender all year. Also Redline in the primary & Amsoil full syn. 20W50.
Change oil & filter every 5,000 miles and primary every 10,000.
It was 70 degrees here in Eastern NC on Jan 1st, so I ride as often as the weather and arthritis allow.

Back