Fresh oil for the winter

Discussion in 'Oil' started by liquid_wrench, Nov 11, 2018.

1. liquid_wrench

liquid_wrench Active Member

I changed oil in primary,trans and motor...before I covered it up in the garage for the winter. I run redline in the primary and transmission and Bel-Ray semi synthetic 20w50 in the motor.....I also add 8 oz of lucas oil stabilizer in the crank case and about 6 oz of seafoam in the full gas tank. Battery stays on the tender all winter and every time I get home, I plug it back in. My 07 heritage battery lasted over 8 years. Anybody else here use lucas or seafoam and a tender for your battery?

rollingstone7 likes this.
  2. gator508

gator508 Well-Known Member

I use a tender when I'm not riding it, last battery lasted for 6 years.

rollingstone7 and liquid_wrench like this.
  3. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Experienced Member Contributor

Tender when not riding and a couple oz of Sea foam every 2nd or 3rd tank full. I get to ride all year so it never gets put up.

RibEye and liquid_wrench like this.
  4. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member

Still have 2k till next fluid changes,always use a tender.As long as the temps above freezing,no salt down,or ice, I'm out and about.I don't think I've ever ridden in Jan. or Feb. I'm near Chicago,it can get pretty nasty in winter.I use sea foam,although most of it's ingredients are already in premium gas.And sometimes stabil.

liquid_wrench likes this.
  5. jdezorzi

jdezorzi Active Member

I also put sea foam in tank, keep battery tender on, and when weather permits I’ll be on 2 wheels.

6. rollingstone7

rollingstone7 Member

Always have the Tender on it when not riding. I spill a little Heet in the tank on colder damp nights.

7. NCBILL

NCBILL Active Member

I use a tender all year. Also Redline in the primary & Amsoil full syn. 20W50.
    Change oil & filter every 5,000 miles and primary every 10,000.
    It was 70 degrees here in Eastern NC on Jan 1st, so I ride as often as the weather and arthritis allow.

liquid_wrench and rollingstone7 like this.
  8. coopernicus

coopernicus Senior Member Contributor

Redline in all three holes and startron in every tank of gas. Tender a coupla days a week.