free website stats program Freedom Performance or Samson? | Harley Davidson Forums

Freedom Performance or Samson?

While personally not a fan of 'fishtails', riding buddy has the freedom American Outlaws on his Ultra and They are a small to medium loud but very low-toned exhaust. Excellent sound and quality.

"Looking for input on either system, ease of installation, quality, sound."

Either of those pipes will destroy the "Fatboy look". You didn't ask for input on looks, but I could only hold back for 1 day. :(

I am tired of the shotgun look and I think my current rush mufflers are too loud now. I had thought about a 2 into 1 system but found out they were much louder than a dual system. I understand your thoughts though. I think the wheels and overall appearance of the bike will retain the "fat boy" look, at least to me.

I am considering the same. Which one did you get?

I ended up buying the Reinhart Churchill 2:2 pipes. The more I thought about the heat on the left side the less I liked the idea. The head pipes are lower to the rear axle bolt and are the muffler pipes. This makes the ride cooler judging from the limited time I have had to ride since getting them on.

Rinehart 2-into-2 Churchill Exhaust - 1986-2014 HD Softail Models - Exhaust - Harley - Fuel Moto

Fuelmoto had the best price of anyplace and they had paypal which was a plus.

I just purchased a set of Rinehart Churchill and have not installed them yet. How do they sound?

I just purchased a set of Rinehart Churchill and have not installed them yet. How do they sound?

I think they are more loud at idle than my rush slip ons were. But cruising on the highway I think they have a more mellow sound. They aren't as annoyingly loud as the Rush were and that was my goal. Guess I am getting more sensitive to noise as I grow older. They look really nice on the bike. Finish is great! I called and spoke with Bruce Reinhart to ask if there were different baffles offered. He said the ones that came with the pipes were the only baffles they had. Was wondering if Big City QQ baffles would make them even more quiet? Not sure how stock baffles would come out though.

Overall I am pretty happy with the pipes and I am sure you will be too. Lets us know when you get them on how you like them.

They will be on the next few weeks and I keep you posted. Thanks

Back