free website stats program Free Gas from HD | Harley Davidson Forums

Free Gas from HD

CHUCK1884

Finally got the info on a free gas offer from HD. If you take delivery of a new '09 or '08 from 11/21/8 to 1/24/9 you'll get a rebate equivalent to 2009 miles of gas usage based on a formula more convoluted than rocket science. Okay, it's an incentive to sell winter time bikes but it's a kick in the pants to anyone who ponied up early and don't qualify.:( Hope this clears the water on a flier the dealer I have wasn't even aware of-thanks.

Wow - 2009 miles at around 40 MPG is 50 gallons of gas - about $100 bucks at current prices. Yippee!

I'm sure some people do but I certainly didn't buy a Harley just for the gas mileage!

Finally got the info on a free gas offer from HD. If you take delivery of a new '09 or '08 from 11/21/8 to 1/24/9 you'll get a rebate equivalent to 2009 miles of gas usage based on a formula more convoluted than rocket science. Okay, it's an incentive to sell winter time bikes but it's a kick in the pants to anyone who ponied up early and don't qualify.:( Hope this clears the water on a flier the dealer I have wasn't even aware of-thanks.

So I went to H-D site but didn't see any info on this, and did talk to my selling dealer to see if my bike show'd up yet, they didn't mention this deal and it is not on their site, is there someplace to download information

I bought a 2009 RG on 12/13. But Glider's link (Thanks, Glider!) to the video only mentions 2008 and it's a specific dealer. :(

I checked the dealer's website who I bought my bike from, Seminole Harley in Sanford, no info on the gas card, but they are offering $3,500 off 2008 bikes.

If anyone finds more info on the gas card, please post it here. An additional $500 bucks would be just gravy on top of buying the new bike.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Harley's promotion for Dec. is a $1000 dealer gift card when you
purchase a 09 Touring . 2500 if you buy a rocker.
I guess the rockers aren't going over to well
I will be getting a 09 street glide next week so
I'll be looking to get a set of reinhart TDs for my
bike with the gift card

Man, I feel like a red-headed step child.
They should at least give us FXD buyers a T-shirt
or something. A key chain maybe?
But, I got mine in September.
Oh Well.

I just traded up today and nothing was said about this. Is this Harley Co promotion or just one particular dealer?

FYI ... my local HD dealer (HotRod-Muskegon) reports the "free gas" offer was an incentive during a brief promotion that, if you road a particular bike during a demo, then immediately bought it, you'd get the 'free gas' card. I understand some dealers messed with it, others didn't. Thats the latest from West Michigan. :hii (just over 3 ft. snow here. Yupeeee, only 90 more days and it'll be scootin' weather here! :D

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try to call the dealer where I bought my RG last week and see what they say. If they don't offer anything, I'll try to call HD (maybe there is a customer service # somewhere).

I'll keep you guys posted on what I find out.

Back