free website stats program Frame cross reference | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Frame cross reference

Well, I should have read the next post about What Broke and then given a Much Shorter opinion...

Weld it up...:newsmile100:

signed....BUBBIE

added:

Maybe someone will need my BlaBla and Hopefully help them out...

Are the broken "spuds" the arms that are directly behind the upper shock mounts? If so, then you should be able to take the chrome "U" bar that slides over the ends and connects them, to the welder. If the "U" bar is in place, the distance will be correct, he will just need to make sure the level is correct. If the bike is all together, insuring the licence bracket, chrome covers etc. align after tack welds is made, all should be good. Alignment perfection in this area is more cosmetic
than safety.

Thanks Bernie,

I still come here OFTEN but just Not as much help as the old days...
Questions and newer bikes make it tough on the Old Boys of which I am.

This forum IS com'n back Nicely...Lots of new members and When they ASK they shall receive... Many Waiting good minds here to help out...

signed....BUBBIE

Breeze-Yes, those are the parts needing welded. Earlier this year, I had them welded haphazardly just to get back on the road. Now, there is slag all over everywhere. The welder I am using this time is a perfectionist. My kinda guy! He wants the whole back of the bike stripped down. Still too many rides I want to take before the snow flies! Looks like this will be an end-of-season project.

Bubbie - I have been on this sight for a bit and have seen some of your expertise in other posts. Thank you for your insight. Us less experienced with Harley's appreciate your knowledge!!! :)
WAP.gif

DFHarley19, and billwi,

Thank you for the kind words fellas... Sometimes I can get carried away and not read the thread fully enough to see the Real Problem, question asked.:p

But I gave it my ALL...:newsmile100:

Steve07 got it Right the first time... Weld it...

I do like the kind words and Blushing ones too...:newsmile040:

There are a lot of Fine Members here that Deserve Thanks as they help out Often...

SO here is a Big Thank You to them...:worthy

signed....BUBBIE

Bill; To answer your question about obtaining frame blueprints or exact measurements, HD is pretty tight with specifics like that. I don't remember ever seeing that info. Probably on file with the US Patent office, but finding it??? Give praise to your quality welder and tell him you have faith in him getting it right himself.

If your welder does the job with the engine and all electrics still on the bike, remove the battery, unplug the stator plug, and ECM plug before clamping the ground on. I am sure you have picked a good welder. Good luck on your project:s

Back