free website stats program Forward controls | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Forward controls

Like Joy... my wife also rode a dual sport, now a 1200 Custom... she loves the forwards and it didn't take her long to get used to them...

Thanks guys, that settles it I'm just gonna have to ride,ride,ride till I get used to them,

Now you got another reason to have to get out and ride! HAHA. You will get use to them. I love them. When I ride my dads Fatboy with floor boards I'm all thrown off because of my Dyna having forward controls but it doesn't take long to get the feel of it.

Thanks guys, that settles it I'm just gonna have to ride,ride,ride till I get used to them,

Foward controls do take getting used to...been riding my Sporty for almost 3 years now and though I like the forward controls, I also like mids position for riding on rough roads, coming from off road and sportbike riding background. With 4 riding positions to choose from, you can see I like to move around a lot, when on long rides.

KuryakinMiniWings.jpg

That's good NHD, I never thought of having all positions as an option. :) I like my forwards, but I forgot to mention that I do use the passenger pegs to change positions some too.

Yep, just coming off a "rice burner" (affectionately my Katana) the forwards actually felt a bit "uncomfortable" on my first ride, and used the passenger pegs when cornering the bike in the parking lot because it felt more "normal"...:laugh.

Fortunately that changed rather quickly, once on the open road and I got the setup sorted, adding the other positions later on. Still thank Hobbit for his advice introducing me to Küryakyn brand, their ISO pegs and mini-wing floorboards are great! :D

Yep, just coming off a "rice burner" (affectionately my Katana) the forwards actually felt a bit "uncomfortable" on my first ride, and used the passenger pegs when cornering the bike in the parking lot because it felt more "normal"...:laugh.

Fortunately that changed rather quickly, once on the open road and I got the setup sorted, adding the other positions later on. Still thank Hobbit for his advice introducing me to Küryakyn brand, their ISO pegs and mini-wing floorboards are great! :D

Love those Iso Pegs, tried them on a engine guard when they first came out and got spoiled real quick

Give it some time you will like them. You're just used to the thought and muscle memory. I had a FXDLi and I installed forward controls. After 2 weeks on the forwards, I wondered why I didn't do it sooner. I like em. If you want comfort.......forward controls are more comfortable. It also feels like a Harley should. (JMHO..hold the flames...please...it won't do you any good.) :coffee

Thorns

I put forward controls on my 2004 RK Classic. Love 'em!

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    446.3 KB · Views: 4
Back