free website stats program For those who have experienced the Electra Glide wobble | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

For those who have experienced the Electra Glide wobble

I scared the dickens out of The Redhead cornering too fast going to Devils Tower, we were on a 1980 FLH at the time, dragging the front and rear floor boards:p

Did she make your head wobble??:newsmile100:

I scared the dickens out of The Redhead cornering too fast going to Devils Tower, we were on a 1980 FLH at the time, dragging the front and rear floor boards:p
Don't blame the Redhead a bit for the language she used( i can imagine)....my front boards are getting thin, been my experience the newer ones...the front board mount wont let you lean enough to touch down with the passenger board.

And yes... it was an exciting curve...
WAP.gif

Don't blame the Redhead a bit for the language she used( i can imagine)....my front boards are getting thin, been my experience the newer ones...the front board mount wont let you lean enough to touch down with the passenger board.

And yes... it was an exciting curve...
WAP.gif

27-1532.jpg
These were after market passenger floor boards that bolted low on the rear of the frame tube, I traded that bike after Sturgis for a new 1992 FLHS with the real deal floor boards:s

27-1532.jpg
These were after market passenger floor boards that bolted low on the rear of the frame tube, I traded that bike after Sturgis for a new 1992 FLHS with the real deal floor boards:s

I have seen those before now that you show them....but only in museums:D

I have had my new 2014 feel washie in the corners a couple of times but I thought it might be paint lines on the corners. Not riding fast, just about 30 -40 around off ramps that make a complete circle. Could be just me ya no old age thing.

There is a touring stabilizer for 1994 - 2008 touring models that is suppose to eliminate this wobble . Its a plate & some extra parts that bolts on the bottom of tranny . Does anybody have good feed back on this - im thinking of purchasing the kit & installing on my 2004 ultra . Did the 09 & up eliminate the problem also ??

. Did the 09 & up eliminate the problem also ??

With the introduction of the new frame and the reduction in welds along with the wider wheels and stiffer tires, it is supposed to be corrected.......

Back