free website stats program For Sale: 2008 Road King Police FLHP *Great Condition *Low Mileage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

For Sale: 2008 Road King Police FLHP *Great Condition *Low Mileage

Sorry for your loss, It's certainly a sweet looking scoot but as stated above, pricing dictates how quickly it will sell.
A used scoot no matter it's shape is only worth what someone is willing to pay, you may want to start at what the book say's it worth and keep the sentimental value out of the equation.

Good luck with the sale.

That is a sweet bike, unfortunately the market is soft now, it is actually worth a bit more as trade than outright here in Florida JMO

For me, if I was looking, I might be on the fense. Like many, I would be swayed towards a new bike for 4,000 more mainly because of all the upgrades the new bikes have. And knowing that I would be able to work the list price down. There are enough dealers to shop, and waiting for end of month or quarter can and does help sway the dealer for better price.
On another note, I had a 09 RKC, with extras that I felt real good when I sold it for $15,000 in 2012

You may have had the proper match for your bike. When it comes to trading into dealer they typically could care less what has been added to or what modifications have been made to bike. It really does not interest them till they go to resell bike then they sing the praises of all the modifications. Any way ever talk to someone with a coveted CVO model upon what dealer will give on a trade in...........:eek:

Son of a gun,you know I jumped in on this from a single post,now I have read your opening page.I am so sorry to hear of your loss.Please forgive my oversight.

Son of a gun,you know I jumped in on this from a single post,now I have read your opening page.I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Please forgive my oversight.

Hey, thanks.

Sorry for your loss, It's certainly a sweet looking scoot but as stated above, pricing dictates how quickly it will sell.
A used scoot no matter it's shape is only worth what someone is willing to pay, you may want to start at what the book say's it worth and keep the sentimental value out of the equation.

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the condolences and input!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish you all the best. You may want to research your asking price if wishing to sell bike quickly......
Just a thought. Keep the Bike and Ride it. If you don't know how, then learn how to ride.
Ride down to Key-West or into the Everglades National Parks. What better way to reconnect with your Dad by riding his bike.
I grew up in Miami and there is a lot of nice places to ride to in So Fla. Ride his Bike over the Skyway Bridge in Tampa, YEAH!
You are Blessed and Highly Favored. God Speed!

Unfortunately, here in Florida with its year round riding and plentiful bikes for sale, you may not get what your are asking. The bikes I see in my area, near the Cape, tend to sit for quite a while before they sell. My neighbor has a 2009 FLHTCU he's been trying to sell for over 6 months. He's lowered the price 3 times. Lots of lookers, but no serious offers
where abouts near the cape are you?

Back