free website stats program Fob Batteries | Harley Davidson Forums

Fob Batteries

gator508

Experienced Member
Just a word to the wise
Be sure to change your fob batteries once a year as HD recommends. Went to start the bike the other day, dead as a doorknob, turn signals flashing bike no recognizing the fob, Grabbed the other fob, same thing. Put in new batteries, problem solved, fired right up.
This could have happened on the road. Unless you know how to disarm the fob (many steps) you'll be stuck.

Thanks for the info.
We're going to Canada for the weekend and probably wouldn't have a problem until I read this.
Will get new batteries today, got the registration renewal in the mail so I will start to do both at the same time.
I do have a pin and do use it now and then because I have lost my keys while riding. Didn't get them deep enough in the pocket. Now they always go into the pouch of the tour pack.

That's why I carry the owners manual on the bike.All those steps.But I do change em out yearly.

Just put a yearly reminder on your phone and you are good to go..... Or if you are old school write it on your calendar.

I wondered why a car fob last's forever,and bikes need a yearly change.Turns out a cars works only when you press it,a bikes is on 24/7.

I carry a spare pack of batteries in my tourpak. Got bit before. Remembered my pin, but not the steps. Had to call an HD dealer to run me through it quick

I carry a spare pack of batteries in my tourpak. Got bit before. Remembered my pin, but not the steps. Had to call an HD dealer to run me through it quick

That's a good idea to carry spare batteries, now just put the manual in as well in case you forget your phone (not);)

Back