free website stats program Fluids update | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fluids update

I just dropped the stock tranny fluid in my new glide and replaced it with the spectro 6. Rode it a little bit but didn't really notice that all that much had changed in the mile or so that I had rode it.
Well this is the first time I have heard that the person never noticed a difference switching to Spectro , Maybe there was spectro in it before......hehe

Well this is the first time I have heard that the person never noticed a difference switching to Spectro , Maybe there was spectro in it before......hehe

Nope; it was the stock(gold/brown colored, with a little cloudiness to it) tranny fluid that came with it from the moco.
Spectro is red colored.

I have noticed a difference in fluids. I like SYN in mine. I am going to try Spectro the next time I change tranny fluid. At the frequency I change oil every 2500 miles it most likely doesn't matter that much.

Correct me if i am wrong but specto syn is not red anymore , it is golden brown and it WILL make a difference ,Hugo Chavez makes that garbage harley oil , BUYER BEWARE I live in his country and i won't go there.........syn 3 isn't even synthetic and all three holes ....PLease please enlighten me on something else , does anyone (specially the dealers selling the (EDIT) wonder what makes clutches slip , well it is synthetic..... Please read all of gliders posts on oils , they work , and i hope I dont get a strike for swearing...
I spend a lot of money ordering mobil 1 Vtwin and spectro and taking it to chavez land for about 10 harleys that i have saved from the wrath of that madman. We need all the americans in america to boycott the (EDIT) only my humble opionion (IMHO)

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if i am wrong but specto syn is not red anymore , it is golden brown and it WILL make a difference ,Hugo Chavez makes that garbage harley oil , BUYER BEWARE I live in his country and i won't go there.........syn 3 isn't even synthetic and all three holes ....PLease please enlighten me on something else , does anyone (specially the dealers selling the (EDIT) wonder what makes clutches slip , well it is synthetic..... Please read all of gliders posts on oils , they work , and i hope I dont get a strike for swearing...
I spend a lot of money ordering mobil 1 Vtwin and spectro and taking it to chavez land for about 10 harleys that i have saved from the wrath of that madman. We need all the americans in america to boycott the (EDIT) only my humble opionion (IMHO)

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Yep; You are dead wrong. Just got off the phone with Spectro and was told that if it is not red then you don't have their product, period. I guess that it is you who are buying the wrong product.......
Check it out for yourself;

Feel free to contact us:

Spectro Oils of America
993 Federal Rd. Brookfield, CT. 06804
salesadministration@spectro-oils.com
1-203-775-1291

Check out the OIL REPORTS FROM MEMBERS in the sticky section. I have found that Lucas gear oil(85/140) to be the best so far at a third of the price.

I agree with Hoople. We cut the filters on my big block Vega when we change oil and a year ago it alerted me to a problem I was going to have in the very near future. Instead of grenading a motor we tore it down and found a bearing that had started to spin.

Back