free website stats program florida | Harley Davidson Forums

florida

lxbquik

Six of us are trailering bikes end of January to Naples fl and then going to ride. Ride thinking about right now and want to get some ideas is as follows. Leave Naples and head up thru ft myers and then across to east coast on hwy 27 then 98 to A1A at around Palm Beach fl then head south thru south beach and work way all the way to key west. Just wondering any ideas anybody has what to avoid and what need to make a must see. Also wanting to stay one night somewhere from Miami to Key largo and then next night in key west. What areas do you recomend to stay from the Miami to Key Largo area. Thanks for any ideas anybody has.

Plenty of places in Miami before you get on the Keys. I enjoyed RT 78 around Lake Okeechobee. Hope the weather is better for you than it is now.

love the ride across aligator alley. Big Pine Key is about half-way to Key West, there is a very good campground there and several places to stay. We took RV to Big Pine and rode all over the Key's and south fla. If you go the the Keys, look for the No Name Pub. its on No Name Key, kinda cool place. I think its been there since the 30's.

There is a great place to camp right before the 7 mile bridge. Chilly Willies I believe in Key Lago has great hot wings. Traffic can really be a drag heading to Key West.

I live in Basinger about 18 miles north of Okeechobee just off of hwy98. I've stayed in Homestead at the Holiday Inn Express. A nice place, there's quite a few Inns there. I was just there Xmas, a nice ride specially this time of year. Enjoy and ride safe.

Wife and I went down there in August..stopped in Florida City, just before you enter the keys and stayed the night. Got up the next morning and rode the rest of the way to Key West..seems like it was around 2.5 to 3 hours from Florida city to Key West. Nice ride. Bring your winter gear though, it's cold down here.

Leaving Naples North to Ft. Myers I would suggest getting off at the Bayshore exit 141 just accross the river and go east on State Road 78. This is a nice ride on the North side of the caloosahatchee river. You can take this to State Road 29 and go North to Hwy 27. From there you could either go North to either 70 or a little further to 98 and drive around the lake. Or south on Hwy 27 to Miami and the Keys. This normally one of the best times of the year to ride south FL... dry season warm days and cool nights. I you venture to the North side of Sebring the Wild Turkey is a great place for lunch.

that will be a nice ride. I would not stay in Miami but ride to Key Largo for the night, nice condos in the area if you do you might want to have dinner at a place called Marker 88. they have great food its on the gulf side and dinner outside at sunset would be great. I hope it warms up by the end of the month it was 32 in Naples this AM

Thanks for all the ideas. Know it is cold there now but hopefully will warm up. Better than here where was below zero for last several days. How is travelling along A1A? Is it extremely busy or not to bad. Did Naples to Key West last year in convertible so kinda know what to expect for the traffic there but wasn't sure to the north.

The traffic going from naples to the East coast should be less than you will see once you get to the coast area

Back