free website stats program Florida Ride | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Florida Ride

Well I met another forum member yesterday. It was 09RG/92spster (Russell) and his lovely girlfriend, who is so sweet and interesting to talk to. Russell sent me a PM the middle of last week saying he was going to be in Florida on the 5th. It had been raining everyday and I had my bike all apart doing some stuff to it. But I drove my cage up to Clermont Harley to meet him halfway from Sanford and we had lunch there at Clermont HD where they had free hot dogs and hamburgers and free beer.

It was hot and sweaty but we had a great time talking. Turns out Russell is actually a Native Floridian being born here although he currently lives in S.C. He is a few years younger than me but we still both remember some of the old land marks from way back in the late 60's and 70's. I was glad to meet them and hope they can come back down in October for the ride in Ocala and Biketoberfest.

Here is a pic of Russell, his sweet girlfriend and his RoadGlide.
1609375-T600450.jpg

Here is another pick of his beautiful RoadGlide.
1609374-T600450.jpg

And here is my new Fat Boy beside it, NOT !, but a guy can dream.
1609373-T600450.jpg

And here is a short Video of them leaving. I titled the video Russell_RoadKing, my mistake, it's a RoadGlide and a great looking one at that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbj0eNdb-FE

It was good to meet with you Dave. We made it back to Spartanburg last night and it is hot here too. Like you said it is good to talk with a "Florida boy" and reminisce about the old times. I can't make it back in October but I am sure I will get back soon to meet some of the other folks on the forum.
Russell

It was good to meet with you Dave. We made it back to Spartanburg last night and it is hot here too. Like you said it is good to talk with a "Florida boy" and reminisce about the old times. I can't make it back in October but I am sure I will get back soon to meet some of the other folks on the forum.
Russell

Sure thing Russell, next time give me as much advance notice as possible and I will have my bike back together. You never can tell with me, I pull the thing apart sometimes doing different stuff. And it can turn into waiting on a part to come in or paint to cure.

My wife and I will go riddun some where with you guys. There's all kinds of fun places to ride in Central Florida. They have a huge (regular) Bike Swap meet up at Webster the first Sunday of every month. It's about 30 miles west of Clermont. All kinds of great stuff to look at up there. You could buy a lot with those nice saddlebags of yours. With me I have to strap it onto my wife :taunt

We also love going up to the Winter Park areas but haven't been up there in a long time.

Later guy. Oh and tell your girlfriend I'm really liking the 'Snap On' hair piece idea. An outing with or without would still be OEM. :lolrolling

Dave I see you guys use the same barber!:)

Yea actually Russell's barber can leave more healthy hair on him. Mine is pretty much all gone except for some steel wool that tries to grow along the sides. I have my wife cut it ALL off once every couple of months. Right afterwards I look like a skinhead for awhile.

Russell's girlfriend was telling me bout these new hair pieces that snap on and they will mount the snaps right in the top of your head. Most of my adult life I was bald (or going bald) but never really considered a hair piece since I worked construction and figured they would get all sweaty and dirty and smelly.

But that snap on deal really kinda sounded neat to me (yea I'm gettun kinda weird in my old age). But heck folks got rings and studs installed in just about every body part there is now days. I wouldn't be that weird gettun snaps put in the top of my head. Pop that bugger off at night and throw it in the washer and dryer, and snap it back on the next day.

Heck I was thinking could even go without it and just sport the snaps :lolrolling Only negative so far is I don't think it would fit in my helmet too well.

Russell video update

Well I realized I had the YouTube settings to private, you have to watch us Redneck White Boys sometimes. I just changed it so there should not be any problem viewing Russells RoadGlide video a few posts above.

Back