free website stats program Florida, Keys | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Florida, Keys

Wow never heard of Key deer. Thanks to all and keep it coming. The trip is sounding better all the time. Even though I was already pretty excited about getting away fron the midwest in jan.

Key deer look like regular deer only about 1/3 the size.

They are endangered species and the local federales take it very seriously. Lookie no touchie.

The pics I took in my last post are from last february when we went down there.

There is also another place off the beaten path that has been known to attract celebs and such. You'd never know it by being there. I don't remember the name of it but if I do, I'll post it. But its up in north Key Largo off of Card Sound road. Just on the west side of the toll bridge.

Good Conch sandwiches and chowder!!

Here's a pic of me outside of that place and a picture of a key deer on the road just past "No Name Pub".

Advantages of having snow-bird parents who've been going to the Keys for over 20 years!! ;-)

Attachments

• DSC01511.jpg
    DSC01511.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Florida - 2009 006.jpg
    Florida - 2009 006.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 30
ok -- heres the deal --when u leave key west time it so that you're slow cruising thru the everglades from bout 430 pm on... late afternoon-- you'll love it an you'll be going from eat to west-- watch out for glades deer crossin hiway --an in fact take the one way 40 mile hi way into seminole reservation an spend the night... totally primative but they got showers.......... the keys?? scenic but bring tons of cash-- boyds only campground theres 1 other-- its a concrete dump in a persons back yard.boyds is bueatiful right on key west of course u cant miss it............ go down to the water front at sunset for all the amature shows the locals put on. THEN -- PARTY YER IN THE CONCH NATION..............

I stayed at Florida City last year for two nights at a super 8 I think. There was a Denny's beside it So food was easy. It served as a great base to run down to Key west for the day. Out to the everglades for a day and over to Biscayne bay national park and the homestead race track for another day. No suggestions for down in the keys but I have stayed at Duck Key before for a workshop but i'ts high dollar. With all the wild life on some of the keys I would not try to drive after dark and after drinking all the way out of key west to floriday city though. If you are gonna party in key west best to stay in key west.:cheers

Skratch is thinking, and in that picture standing in front of, Alabama Jacks. (edit) fine conch chowder...

...and i agree, Card Sound is absolutely the way to go from the mainland to Key Largo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hampton Inn Key West they have covered parking and a shuttle bus thru downtown and back it runs on a regular shift very handy if u plan to shop and drink

Back