free website stats program Florida and Fuel??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Florida and Fuel???

No problems in the 30 yrs I've been here.With 4 different bikes,still have 2 of them.Travel north quite a bit also.Wonder if the change of altitude might be the problem?

Change in altitude maybe the cause.
Change in temperature/humidity
Ethanol is bad and in Florida they claim 10% or less is used.
We have two gas stations that sell fuel with no Ethanol and I tried them both with in my car and the two bikes, they seem to run much better.
I also have done some tests using Ethanol and Non Ethanol fuel and its effects on rubber. The Ethanol based fuel destroys rubber.

I have tried the non-ethanol 89 octane in my ride and it pings to much. I went back to the ethanol 93 and the pinging stopped. Couple weeks ago I got some 93 octane no-ethanol, man the bike ran like it had a tank full of race fuel.

I apologize and retract my statement about the fuel in the Great State of Florida and any insult or injury it may have caused.:D

I suppose it could be a bad batch of fuel or maybe some water?

I have used several different stations and brands as well as the non-ethonal fuels.

I am coming from coastal NC so I don't think humidity or altitude are having an effect, but who knows. I head back tomorrow so I will once again see if it corrects itself.

Maybe the bike just doesn't like being in Fl.

Heading out before the rain comes:p

It could be that your bike just gets home sick for the beautiful state of Nort Carolina. Any way let us know if she does it again..

Okay, I have been home and run a tank of NC fuel and the bike is back to acting normal?

Maybe the bike does just get homsick or I guess there could be some climate factors, either way it is just fine now

I garuntee some of you have water in your fuel now...hope all of you in Florida are fairing well after the rain.

Back