free website stats program FLHTCU Hot Seat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

FLHTCU Hot Seat

Thanks for that link, looks very interesting.
I'm running a TFI and it did make a difference in the heat but I have the settings on a minimal setting.Nothing like a SERT, but I don't have the patients for setting it up and just don't trust the dealers to do it either and end up with a canned map.
Let me know if you get anything positive or if you try the LC1 what the results are.

Thanks

Re: FLHTCU Hot Seat - LC1 Wide Band O2 Sensor Upgrade

Think "Not Very PC" has found the motherlode of info on the Twin Cam 96 heat issues, O2 Sensor options from NightRider.com.

Had heard much of this info in many places, but NightRider has done a good joob organizing the subject and subseqent solutions.

He seems to be favoring : LC1 Wide Band O2 Sensor Upgrade for 2007/2008 HD Engines. (Expensive option at near $400)

There is also an O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device that allows you enrichen the fuel/air mix from 14.6:1 to 14.2:1 resulting in cooler exhaust temps. Priced near $80.

Thanks guys! This is a BIG subject with TC96 owners. Am sure we will be seeing alot of action from performance aftermarket working to get that Air Fuel Ratios (AFR) in the 13.5-13.0:1 range where they feel heat will decrease, fuel economy and performance will be optimized.

Back