free website stats program flhr handlebars | Harley Davidson Forums

flhr handlebars

plow boy

I think that I need my bars closer to me,but I'm not sure.My problem is,when turning the wheel all the way it seems that I'm leaning foward too much.I feel that I would have more control if I could sit straighter up while making short turns.If my thinking is correct, what would be the best way to bring the bars closer and would there be a down side to it.I am happy with the width and height of the bars just thinking a little closer might be better,if I'm wrong I would like to know before I change anything.

Maybe a seat adjustment would help sit you further forward? Mean City Cycles may help you with that.

Reduced reach bars are an option and many have installed the Heritage bars on their Road Kings with great results.

On my 2004 Road King Custom that came with beach bars had the same issues, changed to heritage bars worked out perfect for me , 5' 10" tall .

I changed my bar to heritage bar but I was sorry that the wires did not go thru inside of the bar. I like heritage bar better that stock bar. Just want you to be aware of that.

I'm thinking about trying the heritage bars,one post stated that these bars came about three inches closer,I think that will be better for me.Thanks for all replys.Bodeen your last reply turned up some good info.

I'm thinking about trying the heritage bars,one post stated that these bars came about three inches closer,I think that will be better for me.Thanks for all replys.Bodeen your last reply turned up some good info.

Your bike is so much newer than what I have personal experience with that it would be hard for me to give you exact info. for your bike.

Use the search function at the top and I promise you will find all that you need.

Back