free website stats program Flat rear tire + Crash + H.O.G. Roadside Assistance = Bad Day | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Flat rear tire + Crash + H.O.G. Roadside Assistance = Bad Day

Sorry to hear about your accident but glad to hear you were not seriously hurt. I am getting over an accident that happened about 4 weeks ago. I was lucky, my son-in-law was in the area and had a trailer and took my bike to the Harley dealer for me! I hope your bike can be repaired soon. I have never had a flat tire while riding and have always wondered how the bike would respond under those conditions. Take care.

Vibratinharley, I am sorry to hear about your flat and wreck. I hope you have a speedy recovery. The tow charge issue is ridiculous. I wonder where that is in the HOG fine print, where else this will happen, and how a nice class action lawsuit by HOG members would make them feel.

I think you should send a letter to HOG to put into their stinking magazine for clarification.

Glad your ok.....It always sucks to go down, especially this time of year when your just getting started on your riding.:bigsmiley32:

Just curious though......what brand of tire were you running?

Crashing sucks. Been there, done that. H.O.G.,..... not much better than a bad crash, and I`m a life member.:) Really glad you are mostly OK. :D The bike can be fixed or replaced, not so with you.:s Good luck with the HOG!!!

Hey I am really sorry about what happend, but like alot of people said the bike can be fixed. Just glad your all right. Take care and I wish you a speedy recovery.

I also vote for CAA, AAA, I had a rear flat about 60 miles from the nearest city and the tow would have cost over $300 if I had to pay. CAA covered the whole cost with their Plus program.

OMG am I sore. I didn't even want to bother with the computer today. Thank god nothing is broke but lots of scrapes and bruises and it's weird cause I just can't seem to put together why I hurt where I do as things happened so fast I just don't know. "and I can't get the what could I have done differently so bike didn't go down out of my head.

Thank you to my HDTALKING family for all your support.

Just remember one thing, you're here with us to be sore!:s

I remember back in '86, I was hit by a car and knocked a bit of a distance when he decided to make a turn from the opposite side of the street and I was in his way which didn't bother him at all. After a brief visit to the hospital and when I came home, I was taking a shower later on and when I came out of the shower and was drying off, I caught a glimpse of my side in the mirror and it was deep purple from under my arm to just above my knee. I had to do a double take because I thought I was seeing things. You should have seen the fender on his cady where I hit with my body:D
Well, the next day I felt like I was shot out of a cannon and hit a wall in flight so I can sympathize with you about the aches and pains following a bike accident. It takes a while for them to go away too.

Just take it easy and soak in a hot tub and it will be a memory before too long.

SO SORE....

I have never laid a bike down but I have nursed a few who have. Including My Son, Ex and some others. I have learned that sometimes, (edit)Just Happens. Sometime it's is Gods (Higher Beings) way of saying "slow down" and sometimes (edit) Just Happens.... don't put to much thought into it.

Rest and listen to your body..... Get back on that horse....LOL

Take Care

Last edited by a moderator:
Me Again.... Thanks for sharing this info... I have been told by other thats AAA was a better deal or extra tow package through my insurance... I really need to check on this. Especialy on that I heard it again from you.

Thanks Again

Back